Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

IMC Bib #s?
Quote | Reply
Hey Womens.

Can we start a thread specifically for IMC numbers? I'd like to have one list to refer to while I'm tracking everyone on Sunday. I wish I could be there in person but I will be there in spirit!

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
#2438 here, waiting impatiently for her work day to end so she can go home and pack! ;-P

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2361 here. Also killing time at work before I head out... (off 2.5 weeks - yeah!)

AP

PS: I *wil* be wearing my Xantusia team tritop ;-)

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

I'll be in my Xantusia top too and my sweet new QRgirl visor that Trailbait made me. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cool beans!!!

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1051, also my fantasy goal time ;)

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Alright then. I'll be watching the finish line cam and hope to see you cross. What are you wearing to make it easy to spot you?

Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Funny thing is that one of my goals for IMC was to beat my friend Josh's time from 2008. He did a 10:52. Seems like and omen that I draw bib 1051.

Realistically I should cross somewhere between 11:30 and 12:00. Not sure yet what I am wearing. I will be in a blue trisuit for the swim and bike, but I will have a t-shirt and running shorts in T2 just in case I feel like changing. Likely a light grey Lululemon t-shirt. Clearly I am confident in my masculinity.

===============
Proud member of the MSF (Maple Syrup Mafia)
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [CaptainCanada] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Clearly I am confident in my masculinity.

Or your feminity.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
2592. bringing it up in the old lady brigade....
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow girl! You kicked some ass out there today!

Jen

Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Woohoo...flying girl!

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Thanks! it certainly had some big challenges, I'll have to post a RR tomorrow, I'll give you a hint - guess who showed up 2 days early at 20k in on the bike? that bitch. For now, the bubbly has soaked my brain... and I need a shower - BAD!

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
EPIC FAIL! felt the worst on Richter pass than any bike ride i've ever done. nausea, dizziness, profuse sweating, pounding headache, low HR, and absolutely no ability to push my legs. managed to regroup for the rest of the ride, but the damage was done. (note, i was not deyhrated, and it was not really hot out).

hamstring / cramp problems from my herniated disk injury / surgery / 2 year nightmare / permanent nerve damage ended my day about mile 1 of the run. well, actually getting off the bike, my entire leg seized up when i tried to dismount and i spent 2 minutes on the ground at the dismount line waiting for the ginormous full leg cramp to subside. when it did, it felt like my leg had been hit by a Mack truck, and every step, I could feel it want to fire off again.

no point in continuing for me. i was in it to go hard. (i'm like Ricky Bobby, I wanna go fast)! i have enough of these under my belt in fast times, that I saw no point in hobbling, walking for 25 miles in abject fear I would be on the ground at any moment. also, i am in for Arizona, and bailing out lessens the recovery time.

if i have the same issues in AZ, my Ironman days are over. i've had these leg cramp problems for over 2 years, and it surfaces after long rides, sudden movements, etc. (had a few in training after long rides). there is not much i can do about permanent nerve damage. my body can only take so much. i'll be limited to halves, which is fine.
Last edited by: sto: Aug 31, 09 11:46
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [sto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Damn, I'm sorry to hear it. Your times looked good when I saw them. As you said, there is always another race and long term health is more important than 25 miles.

Get well, rest up and I'll be cheering you from my couch on IMAZ race day.

Jen

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Michelle and I are up and chilling on the couch, our iron-crew are all still in bed. I guess we have to fend for ourselves for breakfast.

We both struggled with nasuea, me on the ride and run M. on the run. She wins the barfing prize, I only did it once, her, twice.
Last edited by: QRgirl: Aug 31, 09 21:04
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am eagerly awaiting the imc reports!
Hurry up!
:)
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [QRgirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm tied with M: once on the swim and once (a good one) on the run. The swim one was a nice drink of lake then a little back up with some breakfast, left it for the fellows behind me to swim through... Lol.

AP

------------------------
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congrats to all you IMC'ers!!! Can't wait to read the RR.
Quote Reply
Re: IMC Bib #s? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wow, Andi - barfing on the swim. Yikes! Both of mine were on the run course. (And I'd really like to thank the spectator that thought it would be a good idea to say "You're almost done" WHILE I was barfing. Very nice... ) I'm still writing my race report, but will post it here when I'm done.

M

------------------------------------------------------------
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Quote Reply