Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Polar HRM, Waterproofing and Battery replacement
Quote | Reply
I have just lost my second Polar Xtrainer after using it in the water after replacing the battery. I didn't push any buttons, they just died during or after the swim.

I think Polar tells you to return to factory for battery replacement. I did this a couple of times. It takes forever, and they messed it up once.

Has any vendor developed a technology allowing a waterproof HRM that actually allows you to change the battery? I guess this is asking too much, but we now drop concrete bombs that destroy tanks, so maybe this technology is feasible sometime this century.

Inundated in Florida,
Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM, Waterproofing and Battery replacement [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Art,

I don't like the idea of sending them back either. I dive with computers that have User changeable batteries hell I have flashlights that are rated for way deeper than I would ever want to dive with user changeable batteries. Some dive computers were as the Polar HRM whereas you had to send them back. People quit buying them so they changed it, as I was told at the Local Dive shop.
Quote Reply
Re: Polar HRM, Waterproofing and Battery replacement [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have always taken my Polar monitors to a local watch repairer/jewelry store to have the battery replaced. It is quicker than mailing it in. (I tried, once, to change my own battery and messed it up bad.) David K.
Quote Reply