Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: USA #1 [rb5980] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"So we are continuing this policy in bleeding America to the point of bankruptcy ." "...for example, al-Qaida spent $500 000 on the event, while America, in the incident and its aftermath, lost – according to the lowest estimate – more than 500 billion dollars." "Meaning that every dollar of al-Qaida defeated a million dollars by the permission of Allah, besides the loss of a huge number of jobs."

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: USA #1 [TnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I honestly think it doesn't matter, if we are #1 or not. The world is far too interconnected and globalization is too advanced, so a nation that may be well-off is still totally dependant on others. Its in everyones best interest to keep the GLOBAL economy humming along and to keep wars and other preventable catastrophes to a minimum. At the same time, natural resources are finite and the Earth can only handle ? billion people. It will be decades before America loses its top spot, the best we can hope for is that it happens slowly and we see the writing on the wall and deal with it in the best way to maintain our way of life or adapt to new ways of living. -TB
Quote Reply
Re: USA #1 [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't know what you're asking, so I'm just going to give you some references.

My theory, unprovable, is that we're entering a "perfect storm" with the Iraq war and entitlement spending and deficits/debt.

Big changes a comin'.

1st up, read up on the rise and fall of empires, then apply that to the following read as it relates to al-qaeda:

http://www.jamestown.org/...p;&issue_id=2907

For more background, here's some more you can google:

US current account deficit

US structural deficits

superpower baiting
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
It's funny that Michael Moore is Bin Laden's de facto speech writer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

What is your point? You have already proven your superior intellect to my stupidity so meet me half way. What do you think is going to happen?

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

What is your point? You have already proven your superior intellect to my stupidity so meet me half way. What do you think is going to happen?
He's saying stock-up on non-perishables, bullets and head to your bunker. He's heard it, on good word, from a guy in a cave in Pakistan.
Last edited by: Trevor S: Nov 10, 04 15:21
Quote Reply
Re: USA #1 [JohnA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's goddamn hilarious, is what it is.
Quote Reply
Re: USA #1 [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The paucity of your insight is exceeded only by the dullness of your wit.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
http://www.amconmag.com/..._09_13/buchanan.html

Quote:

As has been written here before, we are not an imperial people. We do not have the will or perseverance for empire. We have no desire to rule other nations. Now the “white man’s burden” is beginning to weigh on our military and imperil the re-election of a president who, at the instigation of the neocons, has foolishly committed American power and wealth to some enterprise called “the world democratic revolution.”

The $55.8 billion June trade deficit points to a deficit for 2004 of $670 billion, with a deficit in traded goods of over $700 billion. No nation can sustain trade deficits of 6 percent or 7 percent of GDP.

Not only are we borrowing 6 percent of GDP to finance our trade deficit, we are borrowing another 4 percent to finance a budget deficit estimated at $440 billion. You cannot run an empire on borrowed money. Just ask the cousins who bankrupted themselves fighting world wars and maintaining the world’s largest empire until it came crashing down after 1945. We, their creditors, inherited the estate.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
The paucity of your insight is exceeded only by the dullness of your wit.
16 hours. Good One. I like. I was just trying to help you out there Mr. Clavin. I'll let you answer his question then.
Quote Reply
Re: USA #1 [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unity of Nations is something I kinda like, at least the concept.

I like the thought of a pot of gold at the end of the rainbow in concept, but we can't even get along within our own country. The world is doomed to be a place that one faction will always be trying to take control from another. As for how long the US will be #1? I guess that depends on how you define #1? In some cases we are not #1 any more and that isn't all bad. More work and imagination happens with a bigger team.

I think you are more likely to see the rise of other powers that coexist (hopefully?) with the US not the fall of the US

Quote Reply

Prev Next