Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

this forum scares me
Quote | Reply
It's getting scary in here. I never knew how many religous, moral, isolationist freaks there were in this country until I visited this forum. I'm going back to mtn biking in the woods, less freaks there. Getting a bit scared for my personal freedom. Gay marriage, abortion, the patriot act, drilling in ANWR, Kyoto protocol, Geneva convention, Abu grahib, Guantanamo. What happened with rational thought in this country? Is it me, or do people really want to erode personal freedom and clean air while killing innocent people in the name of moral values and profit. Sure, 9/11 was a tragedy, but it happened in NYC and they didn't vote for Bush. Does that tell you something? What is everyone else so scared of? Do you think the terrorists are going to strike in east bum %^&* Nebraska, I don't think so. Get a grip people. GWB is a fanatic. Plain and simple, born again freakoid.
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [tundratri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boo!

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Maybe the new Lavender Room rules will help cool things down a bit. I hope! Being from Germany and having lived/studied in the USA for a while, there's still some things about the USA even I don't understand ;)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
GWB is a fanatic. Plain and simple, born again freakoid.

THIS is like the pot calling the kettle black. Back to the fever swamp, moonbat!! You've been watching too many episodes of the West Wing and have overdosed on all that Starbucks double mocha cinammon latte that you have in your ecologically-sound Toyota Prius.

Oh, Maureen Dowd called.....she needs another hair tinting and she says you're just the fellah whose fingers she wants running through her hair ;-)

K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"What happened with rational thought in this country? Is it me...?"

yes. it's you.

me? i voted for kerry. yes, i'm with you on the kyoto protocol, and i don't think we ought to get out of our dependence on foreign oil by finding sensitive areas to drill, but by using less oil. yes, the patriot act smells like it ought to be debated in the house unamerican activities committee.

yeah, all that's true. however, nobody here scares me. i would imagine i share your views, however in reading your post i can already tell you didn't convince anyone on the other side of anything, but maybe you comforted them in their convictions.

if you're right, but you're an asshole, then you're just a righteous asshole.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Umm.. yeah. This country was pretty much founded by religious, moral, isolationist freaks. Ever hear of the Pilgrims?
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Back to the fever swamp, moonbat!"

mix a mai tai and throttle it back, my man.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I don't drink. I'm also vegetarian, so I'll go have an o.j. and a carrot. That usually works ;-)

Better'n lithium.

K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Did you just get a yellow card from the guy who called the moonbat an asshole?

I am laughing as I write this because "back to the fever swamp, moonbat" strikes me as hilarious. Does it come from somewhere other than your head?
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
It's all from from my head, bay-bee. And once you get up in there, it's a scary place ;-)

No, seriously. I've heard the two terms used separately over the last couple of weeks. Mainly, those hard right-wingers over at Free Republic use them to describe the ultra-leftists over at the Democratic Underground. I'm a member of both sites, so I go in there and lurk and read the threads. Very amusing, especially from the DUers.

I can't understand how I got a yellow card :-( To me, his original post insulted all of us over here on the right side of the pool. Ah, well. Guess I'll have to mind my Ps and Qs for a few days.

"Washed My Mouth Out With Soap" Kahuna
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"To me, his original post insulted all of us over here on the right side of the pool."

Yeah, but then I didn't think the old way of doing business was wrong. That whole free exchange of ideas thing, don't ya know.

"Ah, well. Guess I'll have to mind my Ps and Qs for a few days."

The true cost of censorship.

Free the Kahuna!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [Tri N OC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've feel like Mumia Abu Jamal ;-) I've tried to think back to see if there was ever an instance where I was truly mean or nasty to someone, but I've drawn a blank (now watch, a gazillion posts will be thrown back up in face ;-). I think the one or two times I might've gotten a little overheated, I publicly apologized for it and admitted to my error.

Hey.....maybe moonbat means something derogatory in tundratri's native tongue or something.

New training season starts today. 1 hour ride and a 30 minute run (brick......I do tons of bricks).

Love it.

K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"GWB is a fanatic. Plain and simple, born again freakoid. "

Thankyou. Now I'm not a lone voice in the wilderness on this forum.
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Okay, moonbat ;-)

K
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've have time to thank about what you said I just pitty you. I feel so bad for you and the way you think. It must be terrible and lonely in your little world. I hope you find help and learn how to accept those who are diffrent from you.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [Slowman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
hey Dan (I am whispering so that no one else hears) but, by calling the guy an a$$hole, didn't you break the rules you've put forth yesterday? ;-)
Quote Reply
Re: this forum scares me [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He who holds the gold makes the rules. It also makes them and asshole.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I never knew how many religous, moral, isolationist freaks there were in this country until I visited this forum. I'm going back to mtn biking in the woods, less freaks there. Getting a bit scared for my personal freedom. Gay marriage, abortion, the patriot act, drilling in ANWR, Kyoto protocol, Geneva convention, Abu grahib, Guantanamo. What happened with rational thought in this country? Is it me, or do people really want to erode personal freedom and clean air while killing innocent people in the name of moral values and profit.

Allow me to translate, since I speak "Jagoff" (*grin*) ...

"How dare you idiots voice a different opinion than mine? I mean, c'mon, in the name of freedom ... adopt my opinion as your own ... or at least keep your individual opinion to yourself.

=======================
-- Every morning brings opportunity;
Each evening offers judgement. --
Last edited by: TripleThreat: Nov 10, 04 6:13
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The one thing I have and will continue to say that GWB is polarising. I have never seen a man who was loved and loathed by so many people.

I will say this: just like what happened in 1994 when everyone thought that the Dem. president, senate and house was too much, people will either think that nothing is getting done, or nothing good is getting done (which will result in the R power erosion I had predicted earlier). It is a good thing to be able to get several mindsets shaping laws instead of a rubber stamp congress. But stangleholds on the three branches of government rarely last, so have faith and smile.

I will preface this by saying that I am not a particular fan of Dubya, but I do think that if this war on terror was not being fought, he would have been a one-term president. Most people do believe that a terror attack will happen in a place like Peoria, IL unless some has put the terrorists on notice, and people belive that Dubya has put them on notice. Despite my or your feelings on this man, he will go down in history for the period in which he presided. Only time will tell whether the history book will reflect a positive or negative image, as it takes many years to get everything in the open with how a president had performed. Clinton's legacy has been tarnished, and who knows what people will end up remembering the most about his eight years in office when twenty years have passed.

And the reason why Dubya won is this: the Dems ran "Not Bush", not a person with the necessary charisma, political palmares or smarts to win an election. There were numerous missed opportunities that could have opened a twenty point lead if they had been executed correctly. Nobody really knew what John Kerry stood for, and he was not eloquent enough in convincing people who he was. I will not theorize on whether the Dems were saving Hilary for '08, but she COULD be in the running, as she would not be defeated by a reasonably popular incumbent president. But a former governor really needs to run, as the number of former senators who had won the presidency is a very short list.

What Dubya needs to watch is spending too much of his political capital, as voters may not be able to take it out on him any more, but spending it could result in the erosion of his power base in the houses of congress.

And please don't get too scared by this fun-loving group of ladies and gentlemen (assuming that they keep conducting themselves in such a manner), as they seem like nice people despite their political views :^)

Call me Big Dick
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"I can't understand how I got a yellow card :-("

it was more your post eating up all my bandwidth, where i had to scroll through two feet of photos that adding nothing in the way of meaningful dialogue.

look, i'm just trying to add a few moral values to this place, and to evade paying the "unfair bandwidth charge" tax.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Debating scary issues is scary. Go back to bed and cover your little head. We'll wake you up in four years so you can come out and vote for Hillary and feel like you've made the world a better place.
Quote Reply