Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Going to the bathroom on the bike
Quote | Reply
Folks at work don't believe me that there are times when pro cyclist and runners (maybe amateurs as well) do NOT get off the bike or stop running if they have to go #1 or even #2.

Can somebody out there please attest to the fact that this event does actually happen (more so in races like the TDF or IM).

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Going to the bathroom on the bike [Bearis] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Look for Skid's article on on bike evacuation. Happens all the time. I heard about one of the tours riders borowing his teammates cap to poop a scope his number two.

M
Quote Reply
Re: Going to the bathroom on the bike [Miguel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I can conceive of going #1 on the bike, based on the tips I've read. I don't know if I have the stomach for it, but I guess if the need was bad enough during a race I might try it. However, #2 is whole different story! How the h_ll do you do this? Especially the pro's that are all wearing bib shorts. Logistically I can't even figure this out.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I posted a detailed technique for urinating off the bike while moving several weeks ago. It was quite a sensation. I assure you it can be doen with practice, and I practice a lot since I seem to always have to pee. As for #2: Well, personally, I stop and go in the woods.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
A lot of people #1 in their shorts. Can't imagine #2 but I've heard it happens. Personally, I'll keep my dignity and go behind a bush. Guess I'm just not competitive enough.
Quote Reply
Post deleted by Rusty [ In reply to ]
Re: Going to the bathroom on the bike [Rusty] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Just ask the guy next to you for his cap, stick it down your bib shorts hold and wipe. I expect the peak of the cap is better facing forward but will bow to experience on this issue. M
Quote Reply
then... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
do you give back the cap to the guy next to you? what is the etiquette? ;-)
Quote Reply
with the new UCI rule [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
no more cap! Is it OK to borrow the helmet of the guy next to you?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Check out the cover pic on the latest VeloNews.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
   This is not a very big deal. Just relax and let it go. I've peeed during the swim, off the bike, and on the run. Hell, I've even peeed while putting on my shoes in T2. It's only a bodily function. I'd have no problem letting a crap go if I was having a good race. The need has never come up since I have godd scheduling right after breakfast. You've got to stop calling it #1 and #2 and just get on with the race!

Do a search in this furum for technical advice on peeing.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
for #1 may i suggest my patent pending "wangfoil" with this flexible, forming fitting device you roundness becomes aero. a little body glide and a quick tug and your ready to keep speed while letting it all flow!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: Going to the bathroom on the bike [poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wangfoil! I love it! Combined with my NeverReach, the whole process, from in to out, is hands-free and aero.
Quote Reply
take the dumo before the race [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Always take a dump before the race... Eat a little bit, drink a small cup of cofee, get to the race early, rack up and get in the line for the porta jon before it gets too long!
Quote Reply