Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

How have your past two weeks been?
Quote | Reply
We didn't do the How'd You Do thread last week.

2 weeks ago - 10k swim, 7:15 bike, 7:45 run.
Past week - 11.8k swim, 5:18 bike, 44.8 mi run. One of the swims was OW so that was sweet!

I met my training goals for 2 weeks ago. Still struggling with eating (like that's anything new).

Goals for this week- Get A Long Ride In. At this point it can be a measly 2:30 long ride. Swim 5 times. Run... ? sore iliac crest so I won't set any goals for that, we'll see what happens.

Hope you are all well and excited to hear how everyone is doing.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: How have your past two weeks been? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
When you say 'struggling with eating' do you mean nailing down your nutrition when training- pre/during/recovery intake, or are you talking about more on a daily basis overall OCD with diet? Just curious and if it is the second what is it you struggle with and what does your diet look like?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
BUSY! I have been madly trying to get in my training for IMC... and have been logging a lot of hours. 3-4 two-a-day sessions each week, lots of hard runs in major heat & humidity, and the last two days, riding in the Okanagan - rode the IMC course yesterday in close to 40degC weather - ugh. Happy to say the swim is coming back to prior form & fitness, and the legs still feel great after that long ride yesterday... I am less worried about doing IMC now than I was two days ago.

This week: 4 weeks til IMC!
Rest today (and hit some wineries - yum!)
Two-three swims - one OW if the heat stays
Two-three runs - one 1hr15 hilly and one 1h30-2h steady
Two trainer rides (1h30 each, lots of intervals and big gear work) and one hill climb ride (1hr of climbing)
I am 5lb lighter than I was 6 weeks ago, which is great, but I am going to try and lose a few more lbs ideally 5 more before IMC.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: How have your past two weeks been? [forzagto] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
When you say 'struggling with eating' do you mean nailing down your nutrition when training- pre/during/recovery intake, or are you talking about more on a daily basis overall OCD with diet? Just curious and if it is the second what is it you struggle with and what does your diet look like?[/quote]
eating disorder, I'm working with a nutritionist so have some specific things we're at (ie: eating after training; more protein including working in some of the "m" word (I've been a vegetarian for years); eating less sugar, etc.)

Thanks for asking.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last two weeks --
1) Recover from Racine -- Done. I think I recovered quite well. I hit a sluggish point but I adjusted my training and kept chugging along.
2) Refocus on better eating -- Done. Now need to limit the "treats" to only big workout days
3) Happy thoughts on long ride and long run. About 50ish days from IMWI so its time for the big push -- Done. I have been getting all of my workouts in and feeling good. I start the week a bit tired after the high volume weekend but are able to meet all of my wattage/speed goals. And by the end of the week, I am feeling recovered and strong. The last two weeks have had strong (and fun) long rides and runs. I was worried this weekend cause I ran a it further than the coach would have wanted me to (and a bit faster as well) on Saturday with friends. But I felt strong on my long ride on Sunday. I am also nailing down my IM nutrition. Did the all liquid thing last year and realized I wanted/needed some real food so I am working on getting that all settled.

Goals for this week-
1) Lots of riding following IM nutrition plan.
2) Stay mentally postive through these last 3 big weeks before taper.
3) Decide on distance for NFEC and register. Torn between 50K and 50 miler.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals for last week: ease back into running after 10 days off

this i did. 24.5km that felt pretty good - not much intensity as i'm still having some trouble with my left foot.

new swim schedule: tuesday, thursday, sunday since they've cut the tues/thurs sessions from 1.25hrs to only 50mins.

did some rather short drills sessions tues & thurs, but they were quality. yesterday did 800m OWS, and today did another 1,200m OWS.

get back on my cycle and get some mileage in

not as much as i wanted. hadn't been on the bike since july 7th, so did an easy 30k ride friday night followed by a 7.25k run (which is the exact cycle distance of the sprint in sept., and 0.25k more than the run distance). did another punishing 41km of hills with nasty winds on saturday, and a bit of trail riding on my mountain bike yesterday. was going to do a long ride today, but i'm not sure my saddlery regions would take it.

i did also do my first weight training for a month and a half on tuesday, and was sore for days afterward. did some canoeing yesterday, and some hiking today. somewhat unhappy overall, as i've got 1 month and 2 days until my race, and i'm just not getting the cycling volume i should be.

goals for this week: cycle more, do over 30k of running without injury, 3 solid swim sessions, 1 weight lifting session, and get a workout in before we go to the fergus highland games on sunday!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I swam and ran and biked a bit, then did a 270 mile bike ride last weekend for ALS research. Spent the next few days recuperating then got second in a tri and my first $ win this past weekend!

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: How have your past two weeks been? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I plan on doing IMC for the first time next year, but for now, I'll be racing IMLOU while you're in Canada.

My pain is similar to yours; last week was Hell Week for me as I struggle on the bike. 225 miles later, it's over and this week, it's all about the run-lots of it.

Have to go swim now; it's almost over-until IMAZ, that is...

DFL > DNF > DNS
Quote Reply