Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Post deleted by Casey
Re: Election results in a different light [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This would be a lot funnier if I didn't live in Idaho.

Wow. We are stupid.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me of the tests done on the immigrant Jews that entered the country in the late 1800s. Seems they were mostly feeble minded, according to the doctors of the day.

Keep thinking you are smarter than everyone else. Keep condescending. Keep hating and being contemptuous. Keep losing.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I don't get it. Please explain.

Republican from ohio.
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Settle down Art, don't get the double d's -- defensive and divisive.

I think everyone is just trying to make sense of this crazy election and obviously both sides want to point fingers at the other and say they are stupid. I'm as guilty of this as anyone but a couple people on this board pointed this out to me and I now realize it really doesn't help. Its tough not to when you are angry at the outcome. At least you can be happy that your man won.
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [TTTorso] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am not defensive in the least. I don't think I am divisive. I am calling people who basically call Bush voters stupid.

They can continue in that vein if they like. More and more of the same thing is unlikely to give them a different result. Expecting it will is my definition of insanity.

On the one hand, I wish the Democratic Party would wake up and recognize its problems since America needs two functional parties. On the other hand, I do love to see Republicans win. Hmm, maybe I am divisive and my own worst enemy in this regard.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Here is another thought on that. Have you ever known someone who is really smart but just struggled to function in day to day activities? My girlfriends brother is a rocket scientist (builds anti missile missile systems) and he can spend an hour deciding the simplest things. I had a friend in highschool, so smart, but man I wouldn't drive in the car with him because it just escaped him.

Having a high IQ makes you book smart, but in my experience they relationship between high IQ and common sense is often inverse.
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You can't help be divisive, just like I can't. After all the post-election anger subsides, and I hope that it will, we can get back to discussing real issues and NOT changing our minds again. This will be a wake up call for the Dems, both in their message, and in the candidates they put up. I think the fact that John Kerry lost, makes it highly unlikely that Hilary or Howard will get anywhere near the nomination in 08. At least I hope so. And they don't have to worry about underestimating W anymore!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I wonder how accurate the stats are on that web page. Are they credible? I mean any idiot can make a chart and post it on the web!

If it's true, it is certainly interesting.
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [TnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I mean any idiot can make a chart and post it on the web!
Not, apparently, in Idaho or Mississippi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I hope you are right, but I don't see that process happening at all right now. Very disappointing.

It would be nice to have an election in which I would not be scared that the Democrat would win.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Apparently the people who believe this are the ones with the questionable IQ's

http://www.sq.4mg.com/IQstates.htm

If you click on the link at the top of the page you'll find different data that is contrary to the chart posted to start this thread. I even take the sats used to debunk the original propaganda as faulty. They use median income to determine avg IQ, which IMO is faulty. Cost of living has a major influence on income and we all know the most expensive places in the world to live are urban metro areas and the least are rural. As and example my company pays sales reps a base of about 10K more if they live on the east coast or west coast vs the Midwest or palins where I live. I guess they are smarer than me????

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [hasbeenswimmer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
One more thought- a range from 85 to 113 is HUGE. I'd bet it is way more than one standard deviation at nearly 33% difference. Population dynamics dictate that IQ's will be nearly average through out a population.

----------------------------------------------------------
I'm just a 10 cent rider on a $2,500.00 Bike

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Your data is total BS. I live in CA, and if the average IQ here is above room temperature, I'll eat my hat. People here are dumber than clams.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Why, this chart is absolutely Hamiltonian in its scope and sweep! I can tell that most Libs are just dying to get up and let loose a screed about rule by the "enlightened elite".

Raw intelligence quotients are only good for winning bar bets and getting yourself beat up by the schoolyard bullies.

K
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Why, this chart is absolutely Hamiltonian in its scope and sweep! I can tell that most Libs are just dying to get up and let loose a screed about rule by the "enlightened elite".

Raw intelligence quotients are only good for winning bar bets and getting yourself beat up by the schoolyard bullies.

K
LOL, man isn't this what the Nazi's did? Next thing you'll see are craniology measurements. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL, man isn't this what the Nazi's did? Next thing you'll see are craniology measurements. :-)

Yah. I was going to bring up the whole phrenology thing, but even I thought it was a bit obscure. Then I realized that we reside in probably one of the most obscure forums in this little corner of the forum universe, so it probably would've gotten a good response ;-)

All the truly intense rightists and leftists are over on either the Free Republic or Democratic Underground websites. I pop over to both sites occasionally, and man........

The DUers are in danger of passing out and dying from their hyperventilatory exertions over the victory by Dubya this last Tuesday, and the FReepers are all going to have to go to an orthopedist to have their separated shoulders put back into place, so busy are they patting themselves on the back over "their" victory.

I'm a Dubya supporter. No secret on this forum about that. But, I remember when there was time when winning, and losing, was handled with grace, humor, self-deprecation, and a hesitancy to rub one's opponent's nose harshly into the mud. Okay, it's alright to do a little rubbing, or even a little wailing, in the case of the losers......but not to the extent that I'm seeing and hearing these last few days.

"The sun will rise tomorrow....."

K
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:

Yah. I was going to bring up the whole phrenology thing, but even I thought it was a bit obscure. Then I realized that we reside in probably one of the most obscure forums in this little corner of the forum universe, so it probably would've gotten a good response ;-)

All the truly intense rightists and leftists are over on either the Free Republic or Democratic Underground websites. I pop over to both sites occasionally, and man........

The DUers are in danger of passing out and dying from their hyperventilatory exertions over the victory by Dubya this last Tuesday, and the FReepers are all going to have to go to an orthopedist to have their separated shoulders put back into place, so busy are they patting themselves on the back over "their" victory.

I'm a Dubya supporter. No secret on this forum about that. But, I remember when there was time when winning, and losing, was handled with grace, humor, self-deprecation, and a hesitancy to rub one's opponent's nose harshly into the mud. Okay, it's alright to do a little rubbing, or even a little wailing, in the case of the losers......but not to the extent that I'm seeing and hearing these last few days.

"The sun will rise tomorrow....."

K
I hear you. Watching Kerry's concession speech the other day I was thinking to myself "if he would have won life for me anyway would have went on." But then they moved the camera onto his wife! Boy did we dodge a bullet with that one. :-)
Quote Reply
Re: Election results in a different light [Trevor S] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I hear you. Watching Kerry's concession speech the other day I was thinking to myself "if he would have won life for me anyway would have went on." But then they moved the camera onto his wife! Boy did we dodge a bullet with that one. :-)

I think she would've been the bright spot in a Kerry victory. "Mama T." could've had the opportunity to provide us laughs and comedy as she capered and gibbered on the world stage. It would have been like some surreal episode of MTV's "The Real World" on ecstasy ;-)

K

Quote Reply