Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Todays lesson, compliments of Spain
Quote | Reply
Now I am one of the 59 million dumb people (with unteachable ignorance according to the all knowing Jane Smiley http://slate.msn.com/id/2109218/ ) so I need someone to explain something to me. If the Euros have this all dialed in and are so smart then what happened in Spain with the latest bomb plot.

Did I miss something? I thought the train bombing was in retaliation for troops in Iraq and the deal Al Queda offered was if Spain pulled troops they would offer some sort of a peace deal "For all European countries that accept the offer, "peace will come into force with the departure of [their] last soldier from our countries," Now Spain has pulled their troop right? Then why the attempt to bomb the court? "The suicide truck bombing plan apparently was aimed at killing judges, court personnel and civilians, and destroying court files in other cases against Islamic terrorists"

So much for deals with Al Queda and Muslim extremist I guess? Makes you wonder how an entire country could be so dumb huh?
Quote Reply
Re: Todays lesson, compliments of Spain [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Another bitter person disappointed with the election outcome.

Freedom of speech is a great thing...it allows people to show their ignorance.
Quote Reply
Re: Todays lesson, compliments of Spain [5280] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
IIRC, the bulk of the Spanish populace was against going into the war before they went and stayed that way. The terror-train attacks cemented that and they voted the President out, the new party pulled the troops out.

Anyone who believes we (the civilized western world) can negotiate with multiple fractured terrorist groups is smoking some good stuff. We can only deal with them by addressing the root problems (ignorance, poverty, extreme indoctrination, etc) and terminating the current architects.
Quote Reply
Re: Todays lesson, compliments of Spain [martyg] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The incumbent party in power in Spain in the run-up to the election enjoyed anywhere from a 5 to 10 point lead in the polls. The electorate got mad, because the Spanish Prime Minister wrongly tried to spin the bombing as being the product of ETA radicals, not as the work of al-Qaeda. Once word got out that the PM had lied, faith in the government over that weekend went to hell and they got the boot.

Zapatero had little, if any, real hope of gaining the PM post if not for the government's ineptitude and false statements. They only served to enrage an already-skittish population.

Regardless, Muslim islamofascism showed its true colors in the failed plot to bomb the National Court. Bin Laden's statements to the contrary.

K
Last edited by: big kahuna: Nov 5, 04 18:51
Quote Reply