Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Wildflower picks [jasinsf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You know. that is a good point about DeBoom at Oceanside. That was a tough bike course and he had a great time (this coming from a confirmed non-fan of Tim deBoom). His bike form may be good enough to keep him close enough at T2 to run through the few people that will be up the road on him. This is definitely a "little guys" run, so DeBoom and Brown should be able to move-up. My only question about Brown is if he has the bike speed he needs to stay close to this field. As for Walton vs. Larsen, I am biased, and while I think that Walton is a very fast cyclist, especially over a flat 40K course, I think that the Wildflower course is as ideal for Steve as it is disadvantageous for Walton. That said, there is enough flat and downhill ou there that Walton can certainly do some damage.

The really neat thing about the Wildflower run is that the racers will get very few visual clues as to the whereabout of their competition. They will have no "long looks" until the top of the mile 4-5 hill and then not again until they run down and back up the road at around miles 10-11. I would imagine that makes for a very mentally tough effort from the chasers
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower picks [Ves Mandaric] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Unfortunately Simon is sick. He won't race.

So, nobody will win!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Really?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
bummer.
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower picks [garth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In that case, it's Walton all the way. Wire to wire. He also does not have an Ironman in his legs this early oin the year, whereas a few of the other contenders do. I would love to see Peter do well and I give the best shot to stealing the race from Waldo to Cam, as long as he can keep his hands on his waterbottles this time.

For the woman, Katja in a repeat, with my hope of Heather running her down.

Now who wants to take bets on the Slowman vs. Plumb Power showdown?

Dan has thrown the guntlet down (numerous times).

Mike Plumb, TriPower MultiSports
Professional Running, Cycling and Multisport Coaching, F.I.S.T. Certified
http://www.tripower.org
Quote Reply
Re: Wildflower picks [garth] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good luck, Garth!!!!! Go, Tiger!!!!!!

Bob Sigerson
Quote Reply

Prev Next