Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly how'd you do?
Quote | Reply
Last week: 3 weeks til Subaru Vancouver 1/2IM
Three masters swims (last week for masters) - Only 1 done I suck
Four runs (1h15 hilly - done and it was AWESOME; 40min with strides - done; 1h45 with 8x1Mi intervals
- done and it was AWESOME; 30min off bike - not done see below)
Two rides (2-3 hr with HIM intervals - not done; 5-6hr with IM/HIM pace intervals - ended up being just shy of 4 hrs as I had 3 flats - g'dammit!; already have one ride to & from work done as a bonus)
Drink more water, eat better. - Done

This week: 2 weeks til Subaru 1/2IM, and off to Hamilton for a break and to visit fam damily.
Swim: 2-3x in whatever clean water I can find (I think there's a pool at Mac, and we'll drive a few hrs to a nice lake at least once)
Run: run every day, period. Today, already finished 1h20 very hilly run.
Ride: Zippo. Bubpkis. Nada. Needless to say the week afterwards will be a LOT of riding!!!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [AndyPants] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
goals: get back to running (going to try 10k tonight and see how it goes)

this went well. the 10k monday actually turned into 11k, did 10k of hills on wednesday, a little 3k off the bike on thursday, and another 10.7k yesterday for a total of 34.84km - actually my biggest week yet, and yet my foot feels fine. going to try another run tonight to see how 2 days in a row goes..

2 swims with good form

only 1 of 2 - would have gone sunday morning, but we had a screw in our car tire so i would have had to get up even earlier to either a) get on my bicycle and ride over in the pissing rain, b) get on my motorcycle and ride over in the pissing rain, or c) pump the tire up and hope like hell that it would hold. having realised all this at 1am by a nice campfire in the backyard with hubby, i said to hell with it and got good sleep instead, and we got the tire repaired sunday afternoon.

and take advantage of summer having FINALLY arrived by getting some real mileage in on my bike!

didn't get the frequency i wanted (only 3 rides due to miserable weather), but did my longest ride yet (75km) on saturday for a total of 101km for the week. not too bad.

goals for this week: run 35+km without re-injuring foot, 3 swims (as there's a lane swim on canada day i can hit), over 100k cycling (might be tough as it's supposed to rain for the forseeable future).

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I'll bite, since I don't keep a training log or anything maybe this will help!

Mon: pool swim, finally getting to where low 1:20s feels real comfortable for 100yd repeats with the pull buoy. Without it, that's a different story. Trying to figure out how to simulate the pull buoy feeling when my legs are free.

Tues: Track session, 4 x 1 mile at 5:49-5:54 per mile pace. Ouch. I am normally the most ravenous person all day every day, but that took the appetite right out of me, and I had a couple of plain bagels for dinner. Definitely need to start hydrating more also.

Weds: Bike 1hr at 20mph speed, recovery ride. I always do non-weekend recovery rides faster than I probably should. Went out dancing until 3am with my friend at a new club that opened up. Free open bar. Geez, I did not feel good the next morning at work. Nothing like a long run the next day to clear out your system.

Thurs: pool swim workout and 90 min long run, I'd estimate abt 7:30/mile pace, in the evening through el barrio. Got a delicious tamarind icy from the dominicano who has a little cart in my favorite park. tasty recovery fuel!

Fri: pool swim

Sat: 3 mile tempo run w/ warmup and cooldown on the trails, then some trail riding with my boyfriend. Maybe someday I'll take up mountain biking cuz I sure do love it even when I fall and bust my butt.

Sun: Long ride with boyfriend, hopped on cyclo-cross bikes and rode both roads and trails. Wished I didn't have to return to the daily grind.

This week? more of the same, hopefully, and perhaps some doubles and a lake swim.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [darkhorsepick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Taper week for most of last week, but did a 20K bike TT on Tuesday and went 31:55! I'm thinking I should ditch triathlons since I can't run for you know what and take up road racing ;) I do wish there was an Aquabike World Championships...oh well.
Failed miserably on the no-drinking goal. Tuesday was my 2 year anniversary and managed to down about 3/4 of a bottle of wine. Oops.

Oly distance race on Sunday (also CT club state champs). 2:19! PB by 12 minutes and 3rd place OA! For some reason the splits are not up yet, but I think the swim was about 2-3 min short, but the bike course was really hilly. And my team swept the overall women's division!

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
1) Race strong. Have my first stand alone Olympic in 4 years (the only Oly I have done recently are part of the triple t): I finished the race! At the finish, I had mixed emotions: I had a huge OLY PR (over 20 minutes from the 1st Oly of the Triple T, and close to 40 min since the last time I did a standalone Oly) but I was 3 minutes slower than I wanted to be. Looking at the results, it looked like it wasn't an easy day for anyone out there (except maybe the male winner who went sub-2). I can say for the first time in a long while, I FOP in my AG. Near the back of the FOP but still FOP.

The swim was rough and I would consider myself a decent swimmer. Our small lake actually had white caps on it and the water was at its deepest about 3 ft deep. There were sections (long sections) where the water was too shallow to swim. I tried keep moving with a mix of dolphin dives and swimming but I woudl say 89% of the field just walked. I came out of the water about 5 min slower than I wanted to be. But looking at the results I was 6th in my AG so everyone had a tough day.

The bike was in a wind tunnel. At least it felt that way. A weather review after the race said constant winds of 20-30+ mph with gusts of 43 mph. A large percentage of the course had crosswinds which blew me and my tiny bike all over the road. I spend most of the time in the base bars trying to 1) keep the bike upright and then 2) move forward. I felt like I was crawling. But I was passing folks and didn't get passed by too many women in my AG. A good sign for me. When I finally hit the section with the tailwind, I was flying. Bad thing was there were several intersections on this part of the course that were unmanned so I had to pay attention after almost getting hit by an SUV.
I did have some small mental breakdowns out there. I really need to work on my confidence on the bike.

The run was on a trail so I enjoyed it. I did my best to catch ppl in my AG and not be passed by anyone in my AG. I think I was passed by 1 or 2 AG folks which is huge for me. Usually the whole field passes me on the run. I think I could have pushed a bit harder but that would have meant leaving my comfort zone, something I don't like to do.

I can see I am getting stronger and am happy about how far I have come but I still have some growing to do. I think once I get my mental game in order, I will be able to use the physical strenght I have gained to the best of my ability.

2) Get serious about eating. -- FAIL.

Goals for this week:
1) Not one negative thought on this weekend's long ride. I AM a strong cyclist!
2) Foam roll/stretch 3X
3) Getting eating back in balance.

Last edited by: instigator: Jun 30, 09 7:41
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week:
Ride 6x - rode 5x
Race Tue/Wed. - Raced Tuesday (3rd in the Omnium! Bailed on Wednesday as we didn't get home Tuesday until midnight so I didn't want 2 late nights in a row.
Buy ticket to Nationals - DONE!
Continue with the limited caffeine and GERD diet (no asthma issues on Sunday so something is working!). -- Done!

This week:
Ride 6x
Race Tue. and maybe Wed.
Track workout on Sunday and practice with aerobars on the track.

For this week:
Ride 6x
Race Tue/Wed.
Buy ticket to Nationals
Continue with the limited caffeine and GERD diet (no asthma issues on Sunday so something is working!).
Look into visa requirements for Australia.

clm

For this week:
Ride 6x
Race Tue/Wed.
Buy ticket to Nationals
Continue with the limited caffeine and GERD diet (no asthma issues on Sunday so something is working!).

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals from last week:
Swim x1 - 0/1 - Toronto strike has ruined my awesome routine. still trying to figure out my 'backup plan'
Run x3 - 3/3 - finished my longest run of the year (8k)
Bike x3 - 3/3 - not spectacular bike rides, but bike handling is starting to improve (just a little bit)
Weights x2 - 2/2
Nutrition - consistantly getting my early morning food, and have almost been able to cut down on the 'yummies'

Goals for this week:
Swim x2 - Have some back-up pools in Mississauga to try out
Run x2
Bike x3 - The challenge shall be to do this, rain or shine (seeing as they are calling for constant rain ... )
Weights x3
Nutrition - stay on the 'eating plan', and get better at not caving to the treats.

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For this week - race well this weekend; 10 miler- will mean no run on Thursday and an easy and SHORT run Friday... goodness I hate resting but I think I hate more, racing badly, like last time. Swim 5x and ride... hmmm...

was 3rd at the race. Did NOT do a good job resting for it. But, 73 min in very humid weather on a hilly course so OK.

Swam 8.2k, 4 swims.
Rode 5:45, 4 rides.

I am happy with that week.

This week:
-swim 4x
-ride 3x
-run 6x

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [darkhorsepick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Darkhorse - "Trying to figure out how to simulate the pull buoy feeling when my legs are free." -- push your chest down. You need to get your hips up; sinking legs = what the publlbuoy fixes.

You also may have some kick anomalies. Try kicking "from the hips" more, make sure you are not knee-kicking (too many degrees of knee flexion will be inefficient though they should bend a bit), toes ballerina ish and pointed.

You've clearly got bike and RUN speed! woah.

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
awesome Oly time.

Did you have thawed year old wedding cake with the wine? isn't that what you're supposed to do?

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [rlmurrant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Nutrition - stay on the 'eating plan', and get better at not caving to the treats.

My nutrition goal for this week was to TRY having sweets in the house and see if I could eat them in moderation. I got a bag of M+Ms (medium sized), raisins, peanuts. 3 days... gone.My brother only ate a couple of them. Whoops for me. Back to no-sugar-in-the-house. I feel better overall when I eat less sugar, but my training seems to suffer. I am not good at replacing, say, a bowl of ice cream with a bagel or something.. which would have the effect of giving the energy I need.

My nutritionist is on vacation this month and I can't wait til she gets back :P

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nice job on the race -wish I could run that fast!
Looks like your biking is coming along and your swimming a bit less (good for you!)

RE wedding cake: We ate it all last year but the hubby made chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. Yum :)

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My swim volume has been dictated by trying to get back into it w/o a shoulder acting up. Doing a lot of PT to try and fix some biomechanical issues that developed from growing up as a distance freestylist.

cycling coming along... maybe... still suck at it. A woman in my club who's just a cyclist can do the standard loop around here in 55 min - takes me, oh, an hour ten on a good day. pfffft.

I actually didn't know you were married, until now. Happy Anniversary. Any cool presents?! my parents are celebrating their 27th soon - they bought kayaks.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Training went per plan last week. Still working on the weight loss. Managed to maintain the 4 lbs or so that I have lost. I can feel that I am getting leaner even if the scale isn't moving too much. My summer clothes are all looser.

Did an 8km race on Sunday. Brought my PB down another 41 seconds to 38:07. I really thought I could go mid 37:xx but a PB is a PB. I was on plan for all but km's 4-5 when I lost almost a minute, on a false flat uphill where I lost my focus. Looking at my watch at the km5 marker shocked me back into the game. I was able to finish strong though, within 15 seconds of a woman I have been trying to catch this year. She usually beats me by at least a minute so to finish within sight of her is a big deal to me.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [Cassie] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
good for you - congrats! and you beat me by a point and a half in the larsen challenge, damnit! :p

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
thanks tigerchik, I think the tip about pushing my chest into the water to get my hips up helped!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
man oh man all you ladies are amazing, I am in awe of everything you all manage to accomplish week in, week out. Keep it up, it's certainly helping to motivate me!

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly how'd you do? [mistressk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
good for you - congrats! and you beat me by a point and a half in the larsen challenge, damnit! :p

cheers!

-mistress k
lol, that's funny we finished so close together! I completely forgotten that I had signed up for that challenge!
Quote Reply