Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

ways to get faster?
Quote | Reply
I've been thinking about all the things I / we do to try and improve. Some training and some not. Here is my list and I would appreciate hearing from others what you do.

Work on faster transitions

Smarter training - I work with Wes Hobson as my coach

Aero equipment

Nutrition

Mental, visualization etc

Nutrition

Thanks,

Tom
Quote Reply
Re: ways to get faster? [tpolitzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
what about rest

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Simple, go to the hospital have them take out all your DNA and replace it with some from Lance.
Quote Reply
Re: ways to get faster? [denewone] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
steroids and epo

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think course cutting is an often underrated and under appreciated meathod for PR setting and winning races.

Definately agree on the rest part. That was a very well put response.

tommy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1) Put some power cranks on your bike. You will magically ride 5 mph faster, beat you PR in the 40k by 10 min, and frop 3 min/mile from your 10k running time. After only 60 days, you will also be SWIMMING faster in the 1500 on the order of 20 sec per 100m pace!

2) Don't use Gatorade. Use only the most exotic and newest brew on the market, containg bull testicles and rabbit toenails. That gatorade stuff is for basketball players, not finely tuned endurance athletes.

3) Tubulars only. Riding clinchers would be like throwing out an anchor behind your bike. You can add 10 min to your 40k projected split time if you ride clinchers instead of tubulars.

4) Track workouts till you puke. Every day. Minimum of 10 miles per session. Same for riding. All intervals all the time. No easy stuff. It's about quality and quantity.

5) Ride/Run more miles than you ever have. More is always better.

what am i missing?

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: ways to get faster? [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"what am i missing? "

Not sarcasm!!
Quote Reply
Re: What distance? [tpolitzer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
What distances are you racing? How long have you been doing each sport? What are your limiters?
Quote Reply
Re: ways to get faster? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
True...I suppose I could be more helpful. But seriously, there is sooo much info floating around on this and other sites designed to help people find there own ways to get faster. It's tought to respond to a post that just throws out there "help me get faster" with little or no detail on what he/she may be doing. From the sound of it, all of the bases are covered except for rest...that's why i responded about how smart the "rest" post was.

just a joke,

tommy
Quote Reply
You can't put a price on speed [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You need to spend $5000 dollars on you bike set-up, and a nice $450 wetsuit will help, oh, and don't forget your $130 racing shoes and the number one way to get faster, get a $300 dollar pair of oakleys.
Don't believe this crap that says you gotta train to get faster (their totaly crazy.)

The Gopher who knows the real meaning of life

I don't work here, I just live here
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Hi all,

Thanks for the replies - I enjoy the humor. No wonder I'm tired - I forgot to rest.

I do 1/2 and full Im, mostly full. I've been at this for several years. One thing that has been interesting is that while I have slowed some over the last 7 years on the run, I'm faster on the bike.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Sounds like you are specifically looking at running faster.

The obvious is to spend more time in training, running faster!

If you bike fitness is better, and faster bike splits would indicate this, try backing off slightly on the bike leg in your next B or C race and seeing what happens on the run. Being first or fast to T2 is rarely a winning formula in this sport. The key is an even distribution of energy over the three sports, being well positioned at the end of the bike leg and then closing with a the fastest run split you can muster.

Hope this helps.

If Wes is your Coach I am sure that you are in good hands. Surely he has some ideas

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1 join team in training so everyone has a fit.
2 Use biopace chain rings so eveyrone has a fit.
3 Use clinchers so you can be like everyone else.
4 Do only M dot races so everyone has a fit.

Dirtball good grief :)
It's a biopace world !
Quote Reply