Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

De Soto Carrera Short
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have the de soto carrera tri shorts? I was looking at ordering a pair; however, I wasn't sure about the padding and the fit. I have a pair of pearl izumi ones that I love because they come up a bit higher in the back. Do these do that as well? What do you think of these?

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrera Short [roxiegirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i have the low-rise ones from '08 - those at least aren't cut any different front/back, but i can't speak for the higher-cut version. the pad is little more than fleece, but has been quite comfortable (moreso than other shorts with just a bit of fleece in them), and seems to disappear when you run! no diaper feeling at all.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Roxie,

Emilio here. Why not form your own opinion about our shorts and any of our products? Buy them, test them out, and if you are not 100% satisfied with the product, you can return them for a complete refund.

Check out our 100% guarantee:

De Soto Sport offers a 100% satisfaction guarantee on anything you buy from our catalog or website. If you are not satisfied with one of our products at the time you receive it, or if one of our products does not perform to your satisfaction within 90 days of the purchase date, return it for repair, a replacement, or a refund. Anything you buy from one of our retailers is guaranteed through the retailer. This guarantee does not apply to T1 Wetsuits.

Emilio De Soto II
Maker of triathlon clothing, T1 Wetsuits, & Saddle Seat Pads and AXS since 1990
emilio@desotosport.com http://www.desotosport.com
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrera Short [Emilio] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio,

Thanks! I'm actually about to order a pair. I didn't realize that you had such a generous return policy. I appreciate it and look forward to receiving them!
Thanks for replying.

Cassie
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
we do because we can....if other companies had the confidence in their product they would offer you the same. you are going to love our trishorts.

In Reply To:
Emilio,

Thanks! I'm actually about to order a pair. I didn't realize that you had such a generous return policy. I appreciate it and look forward to receiving them!
Thanks for replying.

Cassie

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love these shorts and I love them even more now that I know there is such a great refund policy! If DeSoto is still listening, the chest part of your tri tops is really small! Like cuts in too much from the bust to the neck and I feel like I might pop out the side. I admittingly have only tried on two of the tops so I can't say they are all cut the same way, but I'd just thought I'd provide some feedback!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My De Soto Tri shorts are by far the best piece of tri apparel I have purchased. My only complaint is that the waist stings seem a little long. Halfway through the bike in IMCDA I looked down and one of the strings was almost getting caught in my wheel. I typically don't tie the string so that I can quickly use the porto-let. The string was still the same distance on both sides... Very long.
Last edited by: Amstel: Jun 30, 09 17:57
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrera Short [tallgirlNY] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hello and always listening. I am not sure what style you have but all four of our women's tri tops, Carrera Bra Top, Carrera Corset, Carrera Full Top, and Micro Bra Top are all cut differently.

Do you know what style you have?

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love the Carrera tri short- they are very comfortable and the pad is great! I would highly recommend them!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrera Short [Amstel] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
remember you can always cut them with scissors and tie a knot at each end.

Emilio De Soto II
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The black ones are fantastic. I ordered gray capris for running and had the female version of the famous red bike shorts problem! :)
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrera Short [sdtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I just ordered them and they should be here tomorrow - i'm a bit excited...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Congratulations- you're gonna love 'em.

Tracy M. De Soto
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have abotu 9-10 pairs, no lie. I love them!

I have mostly the low rise, but some of the regular too. The regular still don't even come up to my belly button so nothing like regular bike shorts.

I also have 4-5 of their tops and love them as well.

Emilio - I just sent you an email about some of the 2009 stuff.

Re: De Soto Carrera Short [KWTriGrl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Emilio if you are there...

When will you make your products available in Canada? We Canucks need a decent tri short too!
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrera Short [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm in cambridge, ontario and got my desoto transition pack IV and carrera low-rise shorts from triathletesports.com - USPS shipping was quick, and i was charged very little duty/brokerage/tax (i think it was $15 on an order of over $400USD).

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: De Soto Carrera Short [pippi63] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been to Canada few times and know that De Soto products are carried there so I went to the website: http://www.desotosport.com/about/dealers.asp and click on "Canada" to see the Authorized Dealers in Canada...in addition to just ordering online.

Tracy M. De Soto
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Emilio,

I rode in the shorts this weekend and LOVED them! Seriously, whenever I got home, I gave my husband a lengthy explanation about how wonderful they were, including listing everything about them that I liked.

Thanks!
Quote Reply