Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Loss of Tire Pressure
Quote | Reply
I just purchased a set of Vredestein Fortezza Tubular tires. Over a 24 hour period they both loose pressure, from 120 ppsi down to about 95 ppsi. My LBS told me it is because the Vredestein have a lightweight latex tube not a rubber tube. It is normal for a latex tube to loose pressure overnight and not to worry about it. Is this accurate? I have been unable to locate any punctures.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: Loss of Tire Pressure [hblake] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I had a problem like this with a Vittoria that eventually flatted at IM Lake Placid. Seemed OK except for this, so I convinced myself it was normal and rode it. Terrible mistake.

I am not certain, but I think the problem was that the valve core was slightly loose. When I hit a bump, it went flat. Check the valve and look for an amazingly small, slow leak, not like one you would get with a normal flat.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
You can always pump them up and put them in the tub and see if you can find a leak. With tubulars though it is more difficult since the leak would have to be through the tire. Unless of course you have a lot of free time on your hands and like stitching. :) No tubular should lose air like thank.

Reverend Dr. Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
dude. latex leaks. i don't know these tires specifically but if they have a latex tube inside you have to pump them up every ride. that's the way it is, brother.
Quote Reply