Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: swimming is making me huge! [scj] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
So you spend so much time here in ST asking advice on how to improve on your run time your swim technique and then you start insulting the very people who have been trying to help you over the last few months.You are such a dickhead!

By the way, it's no wonder you feel angry toward people who wear race shirts as they must remind you just how fucking slow you are in your races.I mean really, you are the guy who was asking how to improve on his 47 min 10k pr earlier this year.

If you are going to act like a pretentious fuckwit on a forum full of great athletes at least post some times that might excuse some arrogance on your part.

47 min 10k Hahahahahahaha.

1:40 Half Marathon Hahahahahahahahahah.

Don't know how to fucking swim Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

I didn't like you at first but now since you make me laugh so much I think you are my new best friend.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
yeah, doesn't it suck when someone actually takes some pride in having pushed past what they thought was possible for themselves?

how dare some asshole that couldn't run for 5mins before they went through months of training wear a shirt that shows they completed a 10k race!

seriously, get over yourself.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
To get the thread back on topic.

When I do get back into swimming I swim a lot.The result is broader shoulders and slightly bigger back and chest.The rest of me gets smaller(especially in cold water).I'm a dude though and I do think that some women react differently to swim training and non weight bearing sports.

Here is Oz you just have to look at our elite surf lifesavers.The guys are big lads and have low bodyfat but some of the top women are surprisingly pudgy by comparison.

Last edited by: Ultra-tri-guy: Jun 13, 09 19:44
Quote Reply
Re: swimming is making me huge! [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
sigh..what Ultra Tri Guy says about body comp is true....
Quote Reply
Re: swimming is making me huge! [Ultra-tri-guy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
So you spend so much time here in ST asking advice on how to improve on your run time your swim technique and then you start insulting the very people who have been trying to help you over the last few months.You are such a dickhead!

By the way, it's no wonder you feel angry toward people who wear race shirts as they must remind you just how fucking slow you are in your races.I mean really, you are the guy who was asking how to improve on his 47 min 10k pr earlier this year.

If you are going to act like a pretentious fuckwit on a forum full of great athletes at least post some times that might excuse some arrogance on your part.

47 min 10k Hahahahahahaha.

1:40 Half Marathon Hahahahahahahahahah.

Don't know how to fucking swim Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah.

I didn't like you at first but now since you make me laugh so much I think you are my new best friend.

I am glad i could get such a reaction from you!!! You are my new best friend too but guess what, sex is not happening! :)
Quote Reply
Re: swimming is making me huge! [nycflash] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I swam D1 and anyone who knows me can tell you that I'm not large by any means. My shouldars are definitely more broad then someone who never swam, but certainly not large and bulky. As for quads, even when I was swimming 4+ hours a day and doing dryland exercises for another 1+ I never had big quads - was called "chicken legs" infact. The quads came in when I started swimming & biking for triathlons....that's when I realized the "skinny jean" fad was just never going to happen for me.

If it bothers you, take a very very honest look at what and how much you're eating. I'm taking this year off to deal with injuries but it's made me realize how MUCH I ate while in full-on tri training and how MUCH leeway I gave myself to "treats" since I had had a hard workout that day. Without those justifications now I am amazed by the true amount my body needs and am paying much more attention to eating when I'm hungry versus rather than just eating because I think I should be. Not saying that's what you're doing but might be worth looking into. Also not saying you shouldn't treat yourself (says she who just ate a doughnut for breakfast).

http://smallfoodbiz.com
</blatent self-marketing>
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I find the well developed female athlete (not the artificial weight lifting/bodybuilding crap) is much more attractive then two balloons on a stick frame. I think that anybody that has been involved in sports recognizes that the development of a fit body is not accidental but is the result of a lot of hard work and discipline. For every critic there is probably ten that respect (or seeth silently in a jealous rage) what you've accomplished. Keep up the good work!!!

Jay
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
there is a girl in our gym (around late 20s) and she swims a lot. she looks like a giant! huge shoulders and lats but looks so lugubrious while running. she thinks she's a triathlete. I don't like her. Sometimes, i am a hater.

You sir are my favorite troll of all times. Well done sir!

You have earned my admiration and respect with your questionable grasp of the English language (I don't think "lugubrious" means what you think it means & "phelps can't run good" Learn what and adverb is before you post again, please!) your psuedo scientific mumbo jumbo (inspiratory volume as well residual lung volume, seriously wtf?) all the while whining about how pretentious it is to wear a t shirt that the wearer has earned.

As chock full of jackasses and knit wits as this forum is (I am looking at you Lavendar Room), it takes extra special effort to rise to the top. Thank you for putting forth that effort.

As a self proclaimed hater, I offer you as a prize an extra large helping of : AYHSMB Enjoy!

Quote Reply
Re: swimming is making me huge! [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:
there is a girl in our gym (around late 20s) and she swims a lot. she looks like a giant! huge shoulders and lats but looks so lugubrious while running. she thinks she's a triathlete. I don't like her. Sometimes, i am a hater.

You have earned my admiration and respect with your questionable grasp of the English language (I don't think "lugubrious" means what you think it means & "phelps can't run good" Learn what and adverb is before you post again, please!) your psuedo scientific mumbo jumbo (inspiratory volume as well residual lung volume, seriously wtf?) all the while whining about how pretentious it is to wear a t shirt that the wearer has earned.

As chock full of jackasses and knit wits as this forum is (I am looking at you Lavendar Room), it takes extra special effort to rise to the top. Thank you for putting forth that effort.

As a self proclaimed hater, I offer you as a prize an extra large helping of : AYHSMB Enjoy!
Lugubrious 1Definition: Mournful; indicating sorrow, often ridiculously or feignedly; doleful; woful; pitiable; as, a whining tone and a lugubrious look. where did you come from? are you an english teacher? "self proclaimed hater" is hyphenated. Now shoooo away! and go back to your training.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
>>Now shoooo away! and go back to your training.<<

Actually, I think you are the one who needs to go away.

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Re: swimming is making me huge! [trackie clm] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you think? or wish? or want? and I am already done with my training. hey, i like the attention!
Quote Reply
Re: swimming is making me huge! [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
In Reply To:

If you examine your keyboard closely, you'll see a key just to the right of the "0)" key. This key has, in lower case, a "-", also known as a hyphen or "en". It's very handy for those who have an unquestionable grasp of the English language.

You also might want to brush up on the appropriate use of punctuation and capitalization. Spell check might be advisable, too.

----------------------------------
"Go yell at an M&M"
Quote Reply
Re: swimming is making me huge! [Just Old] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the tips Ken. I may be looking into a keyboard with that key you mentioned.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've known quite a few fast swimmers that are far from huge and do ton's of meters per workout.

Quote | Reply
Since I have been swimming, I too have got a bigger upper body and most of the girls I speak to say the same. I would say that it depends on the most predominant muscle fibers you have, whether is be fast twitch or slow twitch.....

Only a suggestion, i'm not trying to be a know-it-all.

Thought I'd just clear that up after reading the slanging match going on here.

Very amusing tho.

Ironbaby.
Quote Reply

Prev Next