Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Weekly How Did You Do? - June 8
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone had a great week! Time to confess what you didn't do and brag about what was completed!

Goals for last week:
1) Get my sorry self back on my training plan. No missed workouts. -- Done but only get a B-. Had to move some workouts around which meant a 3-a-day on Wed. Likely not what the coach had in mind.
2) Start cooking and refocusing nutrition -- C. Just average. Did well during the week but drinking fruity cocktails and eating pizza with my neighbor on Friday and the large dinner and cake I ate to celebrate Gazelle's birthday wasn't in the plan.

Goals for this week:
1) Ride strong and keep a postive mental attitude on TOMRV
2) nutrition, nutrition, nutrition

Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How Did You Do? - June 8 [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Last week:
Rest for Oliver 1/2im (Sunday). - DONE
Run x2 (40min max, with some strides and intervals, keep the legs feeling fresh) - DONE
Swim x3 (1-2 OW and 1 masters - sleep is more important now than getting up at 5am) - 1OW and 1 Masters.
Ride x2 (one 1h30 easy with intervals; and one 1hr max day before race - keep the legs fresh) - DONE
Get lots of sleep. Eat well and not too much. Pray for cooler weather. Have a fun day at Oliver and try to keep a good pace through each leg.
- (Mostly) DONE

This week:
Rest.
Get in 2 easy swims.
Get in 2 easy runs.
Get in 1-2 easy rides.
Start working on my plan to get my run where it needs to be fore IMC.

AP

------------------------
"How bad could it be?" - SimpleS
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Last week: Race Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday, so emphasis is on nutrition excellence and do everything to help with recovery. Yoga once and lift weights twice. Stretching!! More water daily!!

Racing on Tue/Wed didn't go so well as I'm having asthma/breathing issues. Skipped Saturday's race due to sleeping in plus couldn't breathe. Nutrition - B. Yoga and weights done. Stretching - C. More water - C.

This week:
Post-pulmonologist appt.....
*Coffee only in the morning before I leave the house. *Cut out all other coffee and caffeine the rest of the day.
*Limit spicy foods, chocolate, citrus (acidic), alcohol.

Hopefully that and the new meds will get me back to racing and breathing!

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Completed 4 swims, 4 bike workouts and 5 runs this week (though one run was cut short due to time constraints). Also, raced Rev3 (swim) as part of a relay and we won the relay division (2 girls and 1 guy)!

Team Danbury Audi - Triplet Mommy!!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
goals for last week:

1) back up to 4,000m swim
didn't happen. after 3hrs sleep saturday night, i would have been useless in the pool, so i went back to bed after seeing our weekend guest off with a good breakfast.

2)~35k of running
didn't happen. hurt the 4th metatarsal of my left foot monday, exacerbated it wednesday with speedwork, and took the rest of the week off. only 25km total - did 16km on it last night, and it felt ok, but is sore this morning. not as sore as last week, though, so i think i'll do some easier runs this week to try to keep it feeling ok.

3) 2 weight lifting sessions
didn't happen. got some bike volume in instead.

4) more than 60k bike.
managed 62.76km. good enough!

5) do super sprint full distance OWS/full distance bike/full distance run to make sure i can really put it all together!
didn't happen. was supposed to happen on sunday after our guest had left, but i slept until 2.30pm, and didn't feel like doing anything at all. apparently i needed either rest, sleep, or both, since last night's LSD run was 1bpm lower average heart rate than last week's, but 18sec/km faster over a slightly longer distance.

goals for this week: ~35km running (19km left to go), 4,000m swim, 70k bike, full s/b/r brick on saturday. under 2 weeks to first race now, and fortunately we don't have company coming this weekend!

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Goals for last week:
Swim x2 - did it!
Run x2 - did it!
Bike x1 - did it!
Brick x1 - fail. :(
Weights x3 (not hardcore - just maintenance work) - did it!
First Tri Race! (Sprint Distance at Lakeside) - finished! not a spectacular performance, but as I was approaching it from a "training-race" perspective, I am mostly happy with it. (Each leg performed at a faster speed than the same race last year.)

Goals for this week:
Swim x3
Run x3
Bike x2
Weights x3
Train my body to accept more early morning food. Apparently only being able to choke down 400 calories before a Tri isn't such a great idea - don't have much 'fuel in the tank' for a strong finish.

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How Did You Do? - June 8 [rlmurrant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Goals - ride 10.5 hrs - nope, half of that.
Run - said six times - yup, 60 miles.
swim - nope, didn't.
calc - 3 homeworks - got 2 done, stuck on 3 problems on the third and waiting for a professor to get back to me.
nutrition - no sugar - ha, I had a rough week in terms of eating... but as of right now I am four days of doing well.

This week: get more protein and fat. I've been drinking 2 more glasses of milk a day and putting peanuts in oatmeal... training goals: ride 6x, swim 5x, run 7x... and run a wicked fast 10k this weekend ;-)

EDIT - calc goal is to finish homework 3 and 4. The fourth is a nasty one, it's trig-calc.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Jun 9, 09 17:25
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How Did You Do? - June 8 [jellyfish1] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
congrats to your relay team!

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How Did You Do? - June 8 [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks! I can't believe how much you run...I wish I could run that far without getting injured.

Good luck with the Calculus :)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
thanks for the calc good luck wishes, tis needed with this particular set. if anyone can tell me what the integral of natural log squared of seven x is....

The running is a blessing.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't take credit for this - I asked my little bro who is a math wiz (800 twice on math section of SATs)

His response: I think it may be this though very rusty:

7x*((ln(7x))^2 - 2x * ln(7x) +2x

Last edited by: jellyfish1: Jun 10, 09 6:22
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I love reading tigetchicks posts as they crack me up, I am the same exact way about running and riding. My goal for the summer is to catch up so my bike miles total pass my run miles total for the year. I have yet to have a week where the bike miles pass the run miles. Then I do a tri and wonder, hmm gee why does my bike suck so much? then get to the run and find that I cant run because I havent been biking.
Anyway-last week
swim 3 times-done
run-55 miles
bike-50. I thought that was pretty good, then thought of my goal. Not on track
weight-144. working to losing 11. With jens blog, I am confident now I can do it. Something kinda clicked with that.
I had gained a ton of weight since the fall, after surgery, I lost that now I am back to my usual weight, btwn 142 -144. I always thought this too heavy, but when I was over 160 after surgery I wished for these days! no more excuses now though!
thanks Jen and all of you for the inspiration!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
almost. He's got an extra 7. It's

x*((ln(7x))^2 - 2x * ln(7x) +2x

thanks!

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Guess what I just finished, my calc for the week :-) including the nasty trig-calc section!

A friend is letting me borrow a TI-89 and that gets much of the credit, wonderful calculator, probably has all the solutions to the universe in it

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I am so glad I am done with school. Work is so much easier than calculus!

Quote Reply