Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

50mm stem?
Quote | Reply
my wife was fit to a 52cm cervelo by a FIST certified technician (I guess their technicians?). anyway, in doing the final adjustments, we're now using a 50mm stem.

my first beef - why are there no decent stems under 90mm? #2 - given #1, I'm wondering if the top tube may be too long for her. and third, can anyone recommend a decent 50mm stem? we currently have a Thomson mountain stem on it because that's what the LBS could find in a 50. but seriously, it looks pretty silly on a cervelo.
Quote Reply
Re: 50mm stem? [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Syntace.com, supergo.com (weyless road)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm no fit technician but I think the bike may not be the right size if you need a 50mm stem, others with more fit knowledge will know better (and may correct me). I thought you should shoot for a stem b/t 90-140mm and if you need something outside that range the bike might not be the correct size. I also think that this is why you cant find a stem that small.

A
Last edited by: NJbiker: Apr 28, 03 7:37
Quote Reply
Re: 50mm stem? [NJbiker] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I tossed my Supergo catalog the other day but thought they had a 50mm stem in there somewhere.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
50cm is a very small stem. Stems that are too short or too long can compromise handling. My guess is that she should have likely been fitted to a one size smaller frame.
Quote Reply