Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Ironman Wis. question for bike
Quote | Reply
I have a Saber. With Hed disc and Hed3 front. 650cc. would riding on road bars and shorty aero bars be faster than Hed aerobars because of the hills?

Also have a 55 on front with what cassete on back?
Quote Reply
Re: Ironman Wis. question for bike [Matt Berner] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
keep hed bars. lose 55. get 53. ride 12-23. not too much you can't handle with that

tommy
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Lose the disc, and the 55. Go with a Hed 3 rear with a 53 , 12 / 25. There is enough course that is aerobar friendly, however there are a couple of hills that are butt kickers. The 12/25 allows you to stay in the 53 - 23 much longer on some of the more rolling climbs. I raced it with Hed Alps, 53 and a 12/25, on the second lap I wished I had had a 12 / 27. Good luck man great race!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Keep the Hed bars and keep the disk. Nothing faster than a disk and nothing else comes close, despite manufacturers claims. Want proof? Three words: Tour de France. Every time trial, even some mountain time trials and ALL the rolling ones, the guys use disks. The new generation of disks is an light as most spoked wheels but stiffer and stronger and more aerodynamic. Adjust your front chainring so your chainline is straightest in the gears you will use most commonly. Be sure your shifting (especially front) is razor sharp, your cogs and chain and chainrings are fresh and clean and your lube is clean and fresh.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply