Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: How do I decide: roof rack vs. rear hitch? [eb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I prefer a rear hitch so that I can easily load and unload my bike.

Cannondale Slice 08
look keo pedals
fizik k3 arione saddle
Last edited by: ronoli: Feb 28, 18 0:19
Quote Reply
Re: How do I decide: roof rack vs. rear hitch? [slmcknight] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Additionally, you can't take a roof rack through a car wash as it will be ripped off your car.

Not true - I take my Yakima roof rack regularly through car washes - both touchless and the contact kind and have never had any problems.

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply
Re: How do I decide: roof rack vs. rear hitch? [ericmulk] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
ericmulk wrote:
ToKnowMore wrote:
I have a small old two door hatchback. I need a bike rack. How do I decide between a roof rack and a rear hitch?

All these posts talk about practicality as if the rear hitch was better when IMO the fact that you have to take your bike(s) off the rear hitch in order to get into the trunk, or the rear of your hatchback, is a major pain. Further, the impact of a roof rack on gas mileage is way overstated, maybe 0.5 mpg at the most. I've had a Thule' roof rack since Jan 1990 and after 28 full yrs it is still going strong. The thing I can't believe though is that no one in your first 43 posts has mentioned how much cooler roof racks with bikes on top look than rear hitch racks. Your old hatchback will look WAY COOLER with a roof rack. Go for it Dude!!!

You are replying to a 9 year old post. While I agree with your advice, do you think that person even has the same vehicle anymore?
Quote Reply

Prev Next