Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

When do I put on my aero bars?
Quote | Reply
So I am starting to build my mileage now and am 50-55 mile rides. I use to have aero bars but took them off when I was struggling with ITB. I am now back and building and just wasn't sure if I needed them on for a HIM distance. Thoughts?

COtrimom

Quote Reply
Re: When do I put on my aero bars? [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If your more comfortable with out them, then just go with out. There isn't a rule that says you need to have them. You will be faster if you are more comfy.

ishi no ue ni san nen | Perseverance will win in the end. | Blog | @nebmot | Strava | Instagram |
Quote Reply
Re: When do I put on my aero bars? [COTrimom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Not needed at all. It's really a personal preference. I think they will give you an advantage on your HIM assuming that you can find a comfortable and efficient position with them. It would be worth paying for a proper bike fit if you decide to put them on. I'm actually more comfortable down in my aerobars. I even stay down on them when I climb in most cases.
Quote Reply
Re: When do I put on my aero bars? [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I'm actually more comfortable down in my aerobars. I even stay down on them when I climb in most cases.

+1 to this - i haven't come out of aero to climb yet, and hope not to. i think i'd only come up if i need to rise out of the saddle, but my gearing is such that i shouldn't need to unless i'm going almost vertical!

if you plan to use the aero bars, i'd put them on ASAP so you can get your fit and comfort level dialled in. the body does need some time to adjust. if you prefer to go without, don't bother! :)

cheers!

-mistress k