Cheap (but comfortable) saddle

3T Aerobars (suck!)

A very nice ride.

Once, I was fast. But I got over it.
Quote Reply
Re: What are you riden, punk? [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tri- LOOK KG386,

DAce, fwd-corima@75deg, STI+drop bar(please don't slam me Slowman, after years of pursuit and bar end gone back and loving it! )+ ZIPP 404's

Road/Crit- LOOK KG241 ultegra
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My trainer is a 1999 trek 5000 (all stock - 105, rolf wheels, etc). Just got a Cervelo P3 about two months ago (also all stock - dura ace, spinery xero, aero syntace, etc). I was correctly fitted on the P3 and its a dream machine. I tested the two bikes just to see the difference. Rode a 30 mile course one saturday on the trek in 1:28. Rode the same course on the P3 a week later in 1:19. I know the engine is important, but man the P3 feels so good and is so fast. I rode the P3 at Ralphs half IM a few weeks ago with a time of 2:36, which was 90th overall. I was happy with that.

- Steve
http://bailey.sts.winisp.net
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
TT/Tri: Yaqui Mariola. Reynolds Ouzo Pro Aero fork, Corima Carbon UL front, Four Spoke rear. Dura Ace, Azoto saddle, Synatce aero front end, Speedplay, Continental Competition tubulars (700x22)

Road: (and hilly IM distance Tris) Klein Quantum Pro, various wheels (currently Ksyrium SL), Veloflex 700x22 clinchers, Dura Ace, Gel lite saddle. When doing hilly IM, used syntace clip ons (short)

Other: Cyclo Cross; C'Dale XR800, mix of parts including Deore XT rear and Shimano 105 Wheels with Michelin Cross tires. Tandem; C'dale RT2000, stock OEM parts. Mountain Bike; GT Zaskar hardtail, Deore XT, White Industries hubs and cranks. Continental Vertical Pro 2.3's. Fixed Gear setup; Stephenson custom (Aermet frame) 63 gear inches.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
        Race bike: Habanero Ti frame, Profile BSC fork, Profile CarbonX, Ultegra components, carbon fiber seatpost, Terry fly seat and Zipp 404 clinchers full time with Vredestein Fortezza tires. This bike rides like a dream, I can stay aero all the time even making sharp corners. I shopped carefully and got it for under $2300 including the Zipps last year.

Road bike: 1999 Cannondale Caad 3, 105 and Ultegra, carbon fiber seatpost and Terry fly, Helium wheels with Specialized S-works tires soon to be changed to Vredesteins. Carbon seatpost and Terry seat made a huge difference in the ride comfort of this bike.

Right now I"ll only be riding onthe trainer, shoulder surgery later today. Right now I'm going to go for my last run for three weeks.

---------------------------
''Sweeney - you can both crush your AG *and* cruise in dead last!! đŸ˜‚ '' Murphy's Law
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Commuter Bike and therefore main training bike: 1988 Nishiki Silhouette (no idea of components or wheels or tires)

New toy after two years of racing: 2002 Cervelo One - no changes to components.

"which is like watching one of your buddies announce that he's quitting booze and cigarettes, switching to a Vegan diet and training for triathalons ... but he's going to keep snorting heroin." Bill Simmons, ESPN
Quote Reply
Re: What are you riden, punk? [Yarf] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Cervelo P2k. Stock ultegra w/Hed Jet-Deep wheels. Hope to grab a Renn disc this summer.

Great bike. Couldn't be happier.

Road bike is very retro steel 1985 Centurian LeMans RS. I love that old thing.

Big EE
Quote Reply
Regular road bike [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Uh.. 2001 Schwinn Peloton. Stock (plus aerobars of course). But I do a 58 min 40K TT, at age 47, so it can't be too bad! Just spend too much on the house to buy a "fast" bike!

"My strategy is to start out slow and then peter-out altogether" Walt Stack
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Aegis Trident Carbon / Dura Ace / Vision bars / Zipp 404 or Hed3 depending on the day. I'm very happy with it. It has the Aegis HR fork which is the only thing I may change.

I also have a Quintana Roo Kilo PR/Ultegra/EMS carbon fork. I love it and still do a lot of tranining on it. It has over 20k miles on it. It still flies with my Hed3s on it.

The biggest difference between the 2 bikes is stiffness. The weight of the 2 bikes is very close.
Quote Reply
Re: Cheap as they come [Ze Gopha] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Ten years ago, for $175, I bought a lightly used (and well cared for) Trek 560 Pro Series (someone else mention a Trek of Reynolds 531?) and I'm still riding it. In reality, it's a bit heavy, but it is really tight in the corners and likes to accelerate. As I've changed out components (it [i]is[/i] 16 years old), it has gotten lighter, though.

I also ride a 2001 QR PR w/ QR fork, Ultegra w/ DA bar ends on Profile AeroLites, Velocity DeepV rims on Formula hubs, Speedplay pedals, and a Selle Italia Flite Gel Ti. Compared to the Trek, this one feels like it has a bit less "get up and go" from a stop, but feels sooo much faster when I'm moving and really does take hills nicely. The starting difference may be due to differences in cranks and gearing, since I would think an aluminum frame would feel tighter than steel.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
1993 Canondale SR800

8 speed Shimano 600/Ultegra

Syntace cowhorns and C2 areobars

Shimano bar end shifters

Profile Fast Forward seat post

Easton aero fork

Hed3 wheels

It began life as a road bike. Every year I consider a new bike but can't see enough advatage to justify the expense. So I upgrade something on the old Dale and spend the savings on more entry fees.

Larry
Quote Reply

Prev Next