Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Question for Francois
Quote | Reply
I have been battling achilles tendenitis since I saw you at IMFL. What dosage of glucosamine did you take and for how long?

Bob Sigerson
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Francois [sig] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I think what healed my problem were several things. I did try all of them separately and it didn't do any good then, all together and achille was fixed.

1. new shoes. I run only in saucony, with hard soles.
hurricane are great. fast training shoes for races. either azura I, or adidas taper (which is not with a lot of support, but somehow, my achille is fine with them)...all the others and it comes back.

2. Physio 2 a week when I had it. cross friction on the calves (really painful...)

3. slept during about 3 weeks with an electro stim. device on the achille to stimulate blood flow to avoid that ugly sensation in the morning where the achille is so tight you are walking on eggs.

4. Glucosamine. started with 1000mg, then 2000mg, then 3000mg. no stomach problem, side effects or anything.

hope this helps. I suggest you look at all of these...
I was stubborn enough to go on training and racing with it, each time to get off the bike with excruciating pain, that just made it worse...good luck.
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Francois [Francois] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In addition to Glucosamine, my sports doc. (an actual MD), recommended Bromelain, it's a natural anti-inflammatory which some say, also helps get rid of scar tissue. I'm skeptical of "natural" remedies but that, combined with PT, strengthening, etc. seems to have worked. AT took me from running 80-90 miles a week down to 0 for nearly two years. My advice is not not ignore it and seek treatment immediately. Take time off sooner rather than later. In terms of prevention, get orthotics, strengthen like a madman (tons of calf raises and use a balance pad for overall lower leg strength) and stretch even more.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Not Francois, but you might want to read the material on AT on this site. Those swedish things have worked for me a few times ....

Thierry
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i like the many prong approach you did on you condition. is that how the french keep the 'surrender tendons' in there arms warmed up and ready to go? ;)

(rim shot) thank you i'll be acting like a comedian all night!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Last edited by: ultra-poser: Apr 23, 03 11:59
Quote Reply
Re: Question for Francois [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
actually, I just told Achille, that I will not support any new resolution of his, and he decided to leave me alone :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ZING!

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Bob, I just had a scare with achilles tendonitis, too. Started a few days before a half marathon. About mile 2 in the 1/2, it started hurting, got worse the entire race and the last two miles were uphill...I was running on one leg the last couple of miles. (still had a PR, though!)Iced it immediately, electro stimulation on it for a week after heat/cold/heat therapy, MSM 1000mg twice a day, Glucosamine 1500 mg a day. It's been a week and a half now, and I ran 6 miles today hard...no problems. If I'm OK in the morning, I think I caught it in time. It really scared me, though.

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply