Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo and Aspide: solution available yet?
Quote | Reply
Again I'm headin' down to Brazil within a month and was hoping to have the aspide under me. Is the new seat clamp available yet? -KP
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo and Aspide: solution available yet? [Keith Pillers] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In the past week I have installed an Aspide Triathlon saddle on 3 P2Ks with no problems using the existing post.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo and Aspide: solution available yet? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tom, this is confusing - I thought the Apside couldn't be mounted on a P2K. Would an ordinary LBS be able to do this...or a better question is: is it rocket science to get that saddle mounted? Will they be able to figure it out?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo and Aspide: solution available yet? [mjpwooo] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
As near as I can tell the controversy or confusion surrounding this comes from a bulge or protrusion on the bottom of the Aspide frame (the plastic "underbelly" of the saddle). This may cause mounting the saddle to be a tight fit, but it can be done. The head of seatpost for the P2K (and for that matter, the P3, Soloist and Dual probably)has a little knob on top of it with three protrusions to enable the user to make saddle angle adjustments when used in concert with the seatpost head vertical adjustment bolt. This knob contacts the downward bulge under the Aspide. It is a tight fit, but it does fit. It takes some patient and dilligence to assemble it but it is absolutely not difficult, just awkward. I can do it in under 4-5 minutes easily, usually much less. We'll already done many of them since this is one of our most popular combinations. Just to clarify: We are talking about a current model year P2K and the Selle San Marco Aspide Triathlon Gel saddle.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo and Aspide: solution available yet? [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Somewhere I read that Gerard/Cervelo is working or has a solution. Sorry, don't remember where I read that.
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo and Aspide: solution available yet? [Mac] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You read it right here (where else?) Gerard replied to a similar post a while back, saying that he was working on a solution. Unfortunately, I have no idea when the release date is.

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply