Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

how'd ya do last week??
Quote | Reply
Hope everyone is well. We had some pretty significant struggles on the forum last week...

Me-
swim: 6500 yds masters x2.
bike: what's that? Oh yeah, that really expensive water bottle holder that's taking up room in my office. Might want to GET ON IT AT SOME POINT.
run: 26 miles plus a track workout. This was good.

This week-GET ON THE BIKE, that's all.

"A merry heart doeth good like medicine." (Proverbs 17:22)
Quote Reply
Re: how'd ya do last week?? [miTmite] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
We did indeed. I hope we all benefit from the strength of having others there - even if it's only virtually. It's the rough times and going through them that allow us to appreciate the good ones, and the good people. Talking and expressing helps, being supportive and knowing that you can help others is always a bright point. Stay strong, girls. We can get through anything.

My week was only slightly less torturous than the last. Still battling the depression head-on. Still fighting to keep moving and for the most part winning. Had adopted a fairly good "I'm single the week before Valentine's Day and dealing with it" attitude and was embracing it, albeit with some rough spots. It's a continual realization that I was being totally irrational and ridiculous throughout the whole thing. He called me on Friday (two weeks after I hung up on him in a ridiculous, alcohol-fueled fit) and we talked for awhile. I hate hormones, think about how stable we'd all be without them!!!! I'm glad he called and I hope we move forward, even if I was too unbelievably stubborn to realize that I was being an idiot. That's most likely my crowning accomplishment of the week.

Run 3x - long run. Back into the build. Get my head out of my ass. Got 2 in, incl. the long run. Feel fairly back on track there, though torn up from the run yesterday.
Swim 3x - T, R, and whenever. Got 2 in (T, R) and both were tough workouts. I'm ok with the efforts.
Trainer - Get one ride in...if possible outside. Negatory Radio....whoops.
Keep moving, stay busy. I did a decent job of that, and had a good week.

This week:
Run 3x - incl long run. Fit it in around the stupid travel.
Swim 3x - this might be tough.
I'm not even dumb enough to think I'll get on a bike this week...I'm giving that one up for now.
Keep talking. Accept the issues, reach out for the support. Move forward.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
-Swim 5x YES
-Lift every other day (it's shoulder stuff only and I've liked it a lot recently!) did it 3x
-Get As on both my exams Yup: aced the biomechanics one, got a 97 on another, 90 on calc quiz and calc exam... I am a success ;-)
-Watch the video I need to for the 2nd part of my thesis, outline that piece of it so I can start writing/rewriting nada

Training totals - an hour cycling. 15k swimming, and 64.6 mi running. Best part: raced a half marathon, AG win, 1:34:55 and very happy with that time.

Goals for this week:
5 swims, and actually get some yardage in, lets say 25k
recover from 1/2 marathon
get thesis section done!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Last edited by: tigerchik: Feb 17, 09 13:27
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply

Last week: Continue recovery. Get on the trainer or stationary bike. Go swim. Lift upper body, if possible.

Rode the bike 4 times--the trainer twice, then went to the rollers for the other two workouts. Didn't get to the pool or lift.

This week: Ride the bike! Supposed to race on Saturday and I'll probably decide the morning of.

clm

clm
Nashville, TN
https://twitter.com/ironclm | http://ironclm.typepad.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals for last week-
1) Lose the funk I am in -- I have no desire to do anything but sleep -- Did ok. I got all of my workouts done but I did still sleep alot. I didn't ake as many morning workouts as I would have liked so I ended up doing them in the pm.
2) Eat clean -- cut back on my sugar habit -- did ok until those mini eggs made an appearance. I have had my fix and will try tio behave for a couple of weeks.

Goals for this week--
1) Get snacking/sugar under control
2) long run on Sunday (starting the build for McNaughton)

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Goals last week: keep up the vegan/clean eating + get in a longer run. Done! Long runs going well and Veganism rocks my socks. -1 lb: bonus.

Goals this week:
* 29:xx for the 1650 swim.
* +2 mi to my long run
* celebrate my b-day in style (vegan cupcake, here I come)

Quote Reply
Re: how'd ya do last week?? [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL on the vegan cupcakes. I was a vegan for a year and had a chocolate "cake" recipe that was not all that good... I like the chocolate cake from Roald Dahl's Revolting Recipes. It's from Matilda.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: how'd ya do last week?? [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I bought Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (cookbook) and the recipes look amazing. I have left it in a conspicuous place for the hubbie to make me a b-day "surprise".

Quote Reply
Re: how'd ya do last week?? [squesen] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I bought Vegan Cupcakes Take Over the World (cookbook) and the recipes look amazing. I have left it in a conspicuous place for the hubbie to make me a b-day "surprise".

This might be bad for me to say since I do have problems with binging, but I think I might need that cookbook. I loooove cupcakes. And, between my bf and family, I gave most of the death by chocolate cake I made for v-day away (other than the piece I had on v-day there is just a wee little bit). My self-control around baked goods is a lot better than anything salty.

My goal this week is just to be consistent, since I have not been, especially last week. My training has been as screwy as my head! If I run 6 days I will be happy (had a nice 16.5k run tonight - 9k of hill repeats on a 23.8% grade - but I was too relaxed on it I think).
Quote Reply