Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Tufo S3 lite 140-225psi???
Quote | Reply
Just started using Tufo S3 lite tires on a Zipp 404 front, Falcon disk rear. The Tufo website reccomends running a minimum of 145 psi!! I've normally run 120 psi in my continental competitions. Anyone out there actually run 145+ with the Tufos or any other tires? Softrides don't count, I used to run higher pressure on my Softride but with the suspension ti still rode smooth.
Quote Reply
Re: Tufo S3 lite 140-225psi??? [Tai] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Hi,

I run mine at 150-160-psi. They are fine that way. I pump them up to the higher pressures (160 psi) when I know that I am racing the next week, or later the same week at one of the local events so that I dont have to pump the tires up again at the race. Its not that Im lazy, but rather I have three kids three years old or less that prevent me from getting to the races more than a couple minutes before they start. I usually toe the line as they are saying "set....go!" Anyway, the inflation is fine for me. I ride a carbon bike that is pretty soft, and I have had no problems, including with IM races (I go with 150 psi the night before with IM). Hope this helps.

Stephen J

I believe my local reality has been violated.
Quote | Reply
i prefer to run them on the low side. i have a p2k with 404's and for ironman length races i keep them around 120 psi. it's all i can handle for that long ride. any higher and the ride is too harsh for my tastes. for shorter races i run them around 140-150 psi. haven't had any problems at the low psi.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I raced those last season on a 404 front, Renn disc rear. I never went over 120 pounds. I went about a mile once at the 145 pressure and just about had my fillings knocked out. 120-125 is much more comfortable and is very fast on real-world roads. The rougher the road, the more you want to back off on tire pressure, because high pressures will both slow you down and beat you up.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I run the S3 lites at 140 psi fr/rr, work great and hard as a rock but not so hard that the ride suffers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
For the first time ever I rode my Tufo S3s today. I tried 120psi. I feel I could go a little higher and still have some comfort. I'm going to try 130 for my next ride. If it makes a difference they are mounted on H3s and I weigh 162lbs.
Quote Reply