Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Blister advice please
Quote | Reply
I've got a bit of a problem with a heel blister that's stopping my training. Friday, did a 9 mile run through the pain, but now too bad to even walk easily. Heaviest week of training plan should be next week, but struggling.

Any advice on treatment, and also how best to patch it up so I can run through it?

Thanks.
Quote Reply
Re: Blister advice please [shw10] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
only 1 solution. spenco 2nd skin.
Quote Reply
Re: Blister advice please [P2kman] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Or Spenco Blister Pads...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Spenco 2nd skin on the blister, and a foam doughnut around it.
The same rack at the drugstore (or REI) that has second skin should have "molefoam." You cut a cricle out of the foam just big enough to surround the blister (you may have to use several layers of foam if the blister is on your heel.) This "doughnut" serves to keep direct pressure from your footwear off the disturbed area.

MH

Tech writer/support on this here site. FIST school instructor and certified bike fitter. Formerly at Diamondback Bikes, LeMond Fitness, FSA, TiCycles, etc.
Coaching and bike fit - http://source-e.net/ Cyclocross blog - https://crosssports.net/ BJJ instruction - https://ballardbjj.com/
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have another option that is not considered here. Army Special Forces soliders have been using Tincture Benzoine for years to prevent and heal blisters. You paint the stuff on your feet and within hours you have callouses that will ward off blisters. Pop an existing blister and apply this stuff and the blister will harden by the time they peel you off the ceiling :) You can get it at any drugstore. Not sure what its really for. The stuff got me through the Q-Course blister free...which is really quite a "feet".

Just some thoughts.

eric

---------------------------------------------
Everything changes, everything is connected; pay attention. -- Buddhism in 7 words
Quote Reply
Re: Blister advice please [tricam] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tincture Benzoine is highly effective but messy and smelly. It works best when injected under the blister cap using a hypodermic needle. This will produce a sensation that is worthy of remark. You have never expereinced such pain. It is so remarkable it is almost worth repeating just to see if it was that bad. But it was. It only lasts a moment, but it is a memorable moment in your life. This "glues" the blister cap back in place and kills any and all germs. It also nearly kills you. But hey, you gotta take the bad with the good. Check out the book "Fixing Your Feet: Prevention Treatments for Athletes" by John Vonhof, John Kozak. It is excellent. They will give you some excellent blister remedies such as 2nd skin, etc. The 2nd skin idea is a good expedient one and works well when you have frequent opportunity to maintain it. If you can't stop to fiddle with it, inject it, cover it, deal with it and drive on.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This probably really BAD advice so proceed with caution, BUT, have you tried urinating on the blister (I can only vouch for the effectiveness of MY urine on MY blisters). Apparently it was the 'done thing' in the Australian military. I used to do it when I was rower - I certainly wasn't the only and I lived to tell the tale. I suspect science has come up with something better, but hey you never know....
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
super glue. duct tape.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply