Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

good/bad race day.
Quote | Reply
did my first tri of the season today...local tri, only about 40-50 people at colorado school of mines. 500m swim, 7mile bike, 2 mile run. weather: slightly raining and cold. i have a pretty poor swim, get on the bike after throwing on jacket. 5 laps total, 7 miles=tight turns. i'm in 5 or 6th place i think. come to big right turn too fast. i slide out and hit the pavement hard on my right side and slide about 15, 20 feet across the "ass-fault" get up and clip back in (thinking:ouch that really hurt) now i'm like 6th 7th or 8th place. pass two people, they stay just behind me. we are riding through the campus and some local high school kids run across if front of us without looking!!!! i'm thinking :sweet....more carnage. the race people are yelling at them GET OUT OF THE WAY!....3 move. one doesn't even know whats happening and flips around right in my path. i lock the brakes and slide (on my left hip this time) right into him (chop block) we go down hard. i'm pretty pissed by now. i haven't even gone 2 miles yet! not my day....i start riding hard (pissed) and take corners really slow. into T2 i'm in 2nd! the leader is 1:30 ahead!!! bleeding and everything...oh i forgot...i fell once coming into transition. gravel+rain+michelins=one more crash......i put my running flats on...never so excited to be of my bike. i ran 12:00min flat mostly mud, grass, and one stream crossing. almost cought the leader but finished 20-30 seconds back 49:06:00. 2ND PLACE. my best finish ever.......it was like i did a twighlight zone triathlon. one really wierd race. two torn up elbows, and two really raw hips. i'm so sore, i can't hardly move......i love this sport. thanks for listening.

luke
Quote Reply
Re: good/bad race day. [luke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
'two torn up elbows, and two really raw hips. i'm so sore, i can't hardly move......i love this sport. thanks for listening.'

for that last line luke i'll luv ya forever. you are a real triathlete.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Damn............

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And I thought I had a bad day yesterday because I got hit with a cup of cola and ice thrown from a pickup truck window when I was 50 miles into a PC ride in 48 degree weather. Apparently I'm just a wuss! (This is why I don't take a weapon with me when I ride, though, I would have taken a few shots at that truck. I tried to call the police on my cell phone, but I was in a no-service area.) Congratulations on your effort!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Go Luke!!!

Henk

Alex Jonker
Quote Reply