Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Doesn't anyone use Gatorade? [Kenney] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You were homeless and an addict?

Where abouts, IM is a hell of a turnaround, sounds a little like Niedrig.

I think you need to come up with a plan, use it week in and out until Idaho and then execute it on race day.

If you can use Gatorade it makes it logistically easier with the fluids on the course.

Gels and bars you can carry if you want your own, thats what I did.

Good Luck.

Andrew
Quote Reply
Re: Doesn't anyone use Gatorade? [Andrewmc] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actualy a few places. First in Cleveland in 1984 and 1987. Lived in a Salvation Army next to a methadone clinic. Then in San Diego in 1990 and 1993. Was strung out on methanphetimine and passed out in a church. Life has never been the same. Happily married living in Montana.Its been hard at times.I can truly say thanks to the Lord I am not only physically healthy but emotionally also.Yep,its been quite the turn around.Who is Niedrig?And yes I have come up with a plan.I will use whats on the course. So far in practice no adverse effects. Thanks
Quote Reply
Re: Doesn't anyone use Gatorade? [not a PCer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Mark Allen believes, it is reported, that he can uptake more than 400 kilocalories an hour and as much as 500 kilocalories an hour." This is from an article by slowman on active.com, http://www.active.com/story.cfm?story_id=5426
At 4kcal/g of carbo, that would be 100-125 g/hr. Similar stories are told of Ken Glah, and I could hunt up more if I wanted to spend the time.

"The average age-grouper" is the guy who's arguing with you on this forum.. there are several testimonials in this thread about bonking when consuming only 60g/hr. The reason I mentioned the pros is that they do this for a living, so they have a good incentive to get it right.

All I'm saying is that if theory conflicts with observation, then the theory may need to be revisited.

Also see Andrew Coggan's RST post on this, preserved for posterity in Google and at
http://www.edinburghtri.org/articles/howmuch.htm
In part,
"there haven't been any studies which have clearly
identified what really limits the rate at which you can use CHO ingested during exercise "

Personally, I take that as near enough to gospel..
My working theory is to experiment in training, since there's no incontrovertible science to generate hard numbers.

"It is a good feeling for old men who have begun to fear failure, any sort of failure, to set a schedule for exercise and stick to it. If an aging man can run a distance of three miles, for instance, he knows that whatever his other failures may be, he is not completely wasted away." Romain Gary, SI interview
Quote Reply
Maltodextrin source? [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm thinking of trying maltodextrin so i'm curious of your source ("directly from the manufacturer") and how much it cost.

wilson
Quote Reply
Re: Maltodextrin source? [wilson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I haven't tried bulk maltodextrin but here is a link for Carbo-Pro.

http://www.sportquestdirect.com
Last edited by: slick: Apr 23, 03 16:49
Quote Reply

Prev Next