Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Setting up a P2K this afternoon.
Quote | Reply
A guy in our area bought a second hand P2K that came fitted with drop bars. He then took it to Toronto for a professional bike fit. Well, the shop he took it to was a high end roadie shop and they set it up as a road bike. Duh!

I told this guy to order some Syntace aero bar/cowhorn and Dura-Ace bar end shifters and I'll change them over and set him up on a steep angle. Ive set up my own/wife's bikes as well as a few other people but I'd rather send him him to Tom or somebody to get this done. Problem is, when you live in the boonies there isn't anyone close by to do the job.

I'm confident we can get him into the ball park but if he remembers to bring his digital camera I'll post some photos for some opinions.
Quote Reply
Re: Setting up a P2K this afternoon. [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Judging from your commentary on previous poaition photos posted on this site I would say you will do an excellent job positioning him. I have read your comments on other positions and I found them to be very insightful. Stick to what you already know and have learned on Slowtwitch about bike fitting. You'll do a better job than the roadie shop!

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Setting up a P2K this afternoon. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You'll do a better job than the roadie shop!"

Tom, I hope so. At least I'll be a lot cheaper as the roadie shop charged a good buck for that.. I told him to buy me a beer some time and we'll call it even.

I don't claim to be an expert but if we can get it in the ball park he can always then take it down to Endurosport in Toronto for a final tuning. It's just that they're three hours away so you don't want to be running out there too often.
Quote Reply