Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Bush and Kerry: Fast and loose with the facts.
Quote | Reply
This is an interesting read:

http://www.cnn.com/...ICS/10/08/factcheck/

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Bush and Kerry: Fast and loose with the facts. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The article needs some fact checking. I don't think Bush claimed Kerry cut the intelligence budgets. I think he stated that Kerry proposed and voted for $7.5 billion in cuts. That claim is accurate. The cuts were never approved.

Kerry made a claim of some $100 million in unfunded mandates for St. Louis alone under No Child Left Behind. He first said $150 million, then corrected himself. I will wager he is off by at least one decimal point, perhaps two.

I think Bush said 75% of the known leaders have been brought to justice. That is how he has described it in the past consistently. We certainly haven't gotten 75% percent of the organization. That is impossible to measure.

Those job loss figures from the BLS are total bull. They miss millions of self employed like me and maybe you Tom. The ranks of the self employed have grown rapidly the last few years. The household surveys show large job gains. The unemployment rate is low. These stats don't add up.
Quote Reply
Re: Bush and Kerry: Fast and loose with the facts. [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good article, but they left out the $84 Timber Company issue. :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
NEWS FLASH: POLITICIANS LIE.

:)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Another good place to go is www.factcheck.org - it pulls both sides up on anything they say.

Well worth reading anytime a politican opens their mouths.
Quote Reply