Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

favorite recovery tight?
Quote | Reply
I was contemplating getting some recovery tights this year. Any favorites? Recommendations? Ones to Avoid? Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: favorite recovery tight? [determination] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I have the 2XU & like them for the most part. Not sure if they're worth the full $ though vs. just wearing the socks/sleeves.
I like the way the full socks help my feet feel better, too.

And I still say I con't care if there's science to back it up or not, they make me FEEL better. Just my $.02.

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've used socks and really like them. I would go nuts in tights though. Way too restrictive.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: favorite recovery tight? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I left my tights (not compression tights but just regular running tights) in Arizona. LOL. I wonder if B. has found them yet... I want them back!!!

I have compression socks and like those but mostly because they are tall and they are another way to keep my legs warm.

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Re: favorite recovery tight? [JenHS] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tights aren't as tight as the socks....I thought the same thing. I would compare mine to the tights in run in...nothing too freaky. If they reached the tightness of pantyhose I would start to freak after awhile...I have trouble sleeping in some of my socks because of the compression, but haven't had any issues with the tights...just a note....not for everyone though - totally understandable. I have issues with the waistband more than anything...but that's an entirely different story that has to do with another blog....

AW
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've almost always got on either skins or 2XU compression tights after a training session. I love them, my children think they look strange. I guess tights poking out from under shorts, capris or skirts do look a bit weird, but hey embarrassing the kids is fun.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I have 2 pair of the zoot tights (recovery) and I like them. I've never worn another brand. I have CEP and Zoot socks. They are about the same to me. I also have a few pair of oxysox that i bought on ebay for $12 for 6 pair. They are awful black polyester, but they feel better than the CEP and Zoot socks.
Quote Reply
Re: favorite recovery tight? [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the input ladies!
I realized through this past year's IM training that proper recovery (yay recovery drink) really makes a big difference, so whatever I can do to help that recovery is good stuff.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
An odd little note, and more info than you really need.....

Did a fairly tough tempo run on the dreadmill last night, felt some issues on the post-tibs and a bit of a cold. Freezing cold bedroom, went to sleep with the recovery tights, running socks and a light long-sleeve running shirt on (normally sleep in a tank and undies...so yeah, it's cold in there).

Woke up with the tights on, socks beside the bed, shirt across the room...really odd. Moral of the story: they clearly don't bother me as much as socks and sleeves....but it did make me laugh.

AW
Quote Reply
Re: favorite recovery tight? [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That's hilarious!!!

I can't say that's ever happened to me, I know when I take stuff off in the middle of the night.
Quote Reply
Re: favorite recovery tight? [janini9] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Which model do you have of each -- Skins -- travel and recovery vs regular and 2XU -- regular vs elite? Also do you notice a difference between the Skins and 2XU? I am about to make a purchase and have no idea which ones I should buy -- skins/zoot/2xu.....
Quote Reply
Re: favorite recovery tight? [instigator] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I use the womens skins, black with turquoise stitching. I only use them for recovery. The 2XU ones are the Elite Women's compression tights, which again I only use for recovery. Both are equally good, but the 2XU tights do last longer.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ordered my Zoot Compression Rx Recovery Tights last week, should be here tomorrow. I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCITED! Bring on the recovery!

Tiger for Life -- War Eagle!

Quote Reply