Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Black Sky SpaceShipOne
Quote | Reply
The Discovery Channel is airing this documentary about the folks that recently picked up the Ansari X prize. I read of the achievement as it was reported by the mainstream media, but did not appreciate its magnitude until I watched this show. The merger of passion and intellect -- truly no more beautiful thing in this world. I think they're re-airing the episodes on Tues. next week.
Quote Reply
Re: Black Sky SpaceShipOne [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is an absolutely fascinating project with far-reaching implications. Compare/contrast this private venture with the shuttle program...

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Black Sky SpaceShipOne [AmyMI] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Pretty cool.

Anyone else notice that this type of thing is often accomplished by ex-Navy guys? Once in awhile an Air Force type sneaks in something impressive, and hardly never an ex-Army or Marine.

: )

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Re: Black Sky SpaceShipOne [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The astronaut program is pushed pretty aggressively by Navy officer detailers (the men and women who oversee the officer's duty station assignments). A lot a Navy officers aspire to that from the time they get their commissions. There's even been one Navy submarine officer who made it in to the program and on to the space shuttle :-) And Brian Binnie was known as one hell of an aviator, too.

I love it that it made it into space. NASA has said that anyone making it will receive the astronaut pin that's given to NASA's men and women.
Quote Reply
Re: Black Sky SpaceShipOne [vitus979] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
John Glenn excepted, right? ;-)