Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Maternity Running Clothes?
Quote | Reply
Has anyone had an luck with good maternity running gear? Ideally looking for something along the lines of CW-X tights to support my belly, but really anything more supportive than normal spandex would be great.

Thanks!
Quote Reply
Re: Maternity Running Clothes? [MtnHeaz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I wore a support band that wrapped around/below my belly. As for clothes, I just wore regular stuff in a bigger size, and wore men's running shirts that were long enough to cover the belly! I ran right until delivery like that, it was awesome! Are you far along? I did not find it too tough, I slowed down though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Try http://fitmaternity.com/

I liked the BornFit stuff- Lindsey shirt and Cameron top. Used my usual running shorts and tights, bought some $5 shorts in a size large for the end of the pregnancy.
I never felt I needed any support for the belly- ran up to 6miles until 40weeks. The most 'belly bounce' I had was between weeks 28-32, after that running surprisingly got easier...
I did try a maternity support belt, but that was too uncomfortable to run it, I ended up only using it on the downhills when hiking.

Ziva
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Like others, I didn't feel like I needed support for the belly (just my chest - that was painful) and I ran up to the day I was induced (42 weeks). I was pregnant during the summer/early fall so I wore a lot of Old Navy's tank tops and my old running stuff (which is now stretched out so it was a good excuse to reward myself with new stuff after the pregnancy).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
MtnHeaz wrote:
Has anyone had an luck with good maternity running gear? Ideally looking for something along the lines of CW-X tights to support my belly, but really anything more supportive than normal spandex would be great.

Thanks!

I might not have understood your question but still according to what I understood I would suggest to visit SimplyRun (visit the link on my signature) and go to the womens clothing on that site, You will find the one that best suits your requirement.

http://www.simplyrun.co.uk
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I know of a few who have worn lulu lemon tops to the very end.
Quote Reply
Re: Maternity Running Clothes? [jimruns] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Lululemon stuff is great until the end, in that it will all stretch over your belly. For support, I had a pair of Ocean Lily yoga pants-- they have a really wide foldover waistband that is made of super-duper lycra that felt *great* at the end of my pregnancy. I wasn't running at all, but walking up until 34-35 weeks, and they were really comfy.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
To tag onto the question, with another question - what about sports bras? Did you buy them in bigger sizes? Double up? The "girls" have been the most painful part of running so far during my pregnancy - and I'm doubling the bras already.
Quote Reply
Re: Maternity Running Clothes? [i-tri] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Re: sports bras, this was (for me) the worst aspect of trying to exercise during pregnancy (and why I stopped running very shortly after getting pregnant.) I didn't believe that my boobs would get much bigger than they were early in my first trimester, and boy oh boy, was I wrong about that. They got HUGE. First trimester, they were really tender, and any movement was painful. Thankfully that went away sometime before 16 weeks or so. I've been back at running since about 3.5 weeks after delivery (little guy's 11 weeks old now) and I'm still (for me, freakishly) large up top. I'd advise checking out Title Nine and look for the bras that are labeled appropriately for the large-breasted... and plan on buying more in larger sizes later. Ugh. I've got two Moving Comfort bras that are pretty good, although I am still wearing a pre-pregnancy pullover style Champion sports bra over top. Seriously, I look at the bras I used to wear before I got pregnant, and can't believe that I'll ever fit into anything that tiny again... and I was not super-small, at about 32C. Maybe someday...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I ran to the end of my pregnancy but did prefer using a support belt. I like the Gabriella belt (they have it at fitmaternity.com) - I was surprised by its bulk at first but found it worked really well to streamline me and prevent bouncing.
Quote Reply
Re: Maternity Running Clothes? [kathy07] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I ran to the end too - the day before I went into labor, in fact. I wore De Soto Micro Tri Shorts or De Soto Carerra Tri Shorts under my Running Shorts b/c of the thicker waist band - it provided extra support for my expanding belly!

Tracy M. De Soto
Femme Designer/CFO/Attorney
De Soto Sport
Quote Reply