Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Forum As I see it
Quote | Reply
Where can you get answers to questions about your passion? Right here with out a doubt this forum covers it all. Not only do you get answers but a good dose of humor. So here I have a list of some of the funniest things I can remember or that I think is funny about this forum.

Q Why hasn't triathlon grown to a super sport?

A. We run in speedo's

Q. How to take a piss during a race?

A. Tom Demerly's very explict step by step instructions.

Bunnymans farewell, (personally I think he is lurking and repeating to himself just say no)

I forgot who did it but the play by play as if it was done by a race announcer of the great PC debate.

I am just pretending to be a poser

Celiene Dion walks into a bar, bartender says why the long face.

90% percent of the game is mental the other half is physical

Cafe lactate

Ktalon has a change of heart and is now yaquicarbo

Tom Demerly, enough said

Slowman luring Kevin-queens for two days into a question that has only one sensible answer about how much to pay for a bike fitting.

The Red Bull addict.

I could go on forever, Thanks guys for all the humor it makes for a refreshing break.

Happy Easter

Stewart
Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
you pretty much nailed it.

Dan Empfield
aka Slowman
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
And what is it about my screen name that you find entertaining? Should I be offended? :-)

I tell you, it's nice to know others understand the joke.

Dave

1st race in 3 years coming up in 2 weeks...I need the laughs
Quote Reply
speaking of laughs [Stewart] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
go see the picture on Xtri of the guy at IM Australia (and read the story). Reminds me of Retroman at IM LP last year. What I want to know is: Did he do the marathon in those shoes or change a 100 yards from the finish? Anyone know? Retroman did the entire race (bike and run) in his Chuck Taylor's. If this guy did the race in those things I am impressed.

--------------
Frank,
An original Ironman and the Inventor of PowerCranks
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Ahh, the forum. Tribunal of truth. Last bastion of sentient thought. The only sagacious haven for the truly wise, truly omniscient. Where spelling is as random as vocabulary. Praise be upon it. I can appear the expert while not knowing my ass from a hole in the ground. Time for more caffeine, and maybe a Red Bull. Snickers bar while I'm at it.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good thread. I know I really appreciate it this forum especially after what became of what for many of us was our original internet home...rec.sport.triathlon. Back in the mid-90's alot of familiar names where there...and now, ahh oh well.

I guess I will have to make the pilgrimage to Tom's place in Michigan. Anybody with that much passion for the sport is OK with me.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Great list Stewart. But you forgot the funniest thing ever to hit this forum -- the Orang-utan. That wacko was absolutely hilarious. And then Gerard with his primates hate 'em ad, that was beautiful.

And then Slowman had to go and shoot the monkey. In cold blood! Dan Empfield is many things, but above all he is a Monkey Killer!

Big EE
Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Jihad against the orang-utan. His stomach roasts in hell with the infidels. I condemn him.

visit www.welovetheiraqiinformationminister.com

no kidding. You'll pee yourself.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Last edited by: Tom Demerly: Apr 18, 03 12:29
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
The funniest thing I have read is when Tom asked what people would like to see when he goes to the wind tunnel...And someone suggested Tom whip his dick out and test how aero it is to pee on the bike. I'll tell you, I almost peed myself when I read that.

Jeff
Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sadly, I am afraid it has a very low drag coefficient. However, I get many hopeful e-mails offering remedies to this situation.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
You and I must suffer from the same condition as I get those same emails. How did they know?

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Don't forget about the responses to the guy whose dog ate his aerobar pads. And the dude who asked about the "prose" method of running...

Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
You and I must suffer from the same condition as I get those same emails. How did they know?

With my email address I get those AND the ones promising a bigger bra size in days...

Dave
Last edited by: Cafe Lactate: Apr 18, 03 16:19
Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [Cafe Lactate] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Dave wrote: "With my email address I get those AND the ones promising a bigger bra size in days... "

I can see you don't have to worry about anyone hide web cams in your bedroom :-)

--------------
Frank,
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
i thank this place rawks because y'all put up with an post tramatic stressed, illiterate, washed out, dick head of a poser.

may the spiritual or media power of your choice bless y'all.

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
orang-utan? is he anywhere in the past postings after the change over?

Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This heathen, this devil called "Orang-utan", he has been defeated. His stomach has been roasted in hell. He has been condemned. Jihad has been brought against him. He is like a snake with no head: worthless before our eyes. We have defeated him. Together with our brothers Gerard, Dan and Frank, priase be upon them, we have driven him from the gates and cast him into the desert, where he wanders- beheaded- in a death stupor. He is no more. Let this serve as a warning to future "orangs": Only flames await you at the gates of Slowtwitch. Death and flames. Their suicide awaits on this forum. Cast stones upon them.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
ok i searched for Orang-utan and the only thing i can find is dan stating his case why this dude needed to go. but i can't find anything else.

here is my deal. give me a rough idea what he was saying and I will never post again. come on can't turn that deal down!

Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [ultra-poser] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This devil, this thief of all that is good, "orang-utan"- he tried to poison our minds with his tongue. But we used our knives to cut out his tongue. Like a snake in the grass he was beheaded. He was defeated with stones and shoes. He is no more. We have defeated him. Jihad against orang-utan, Jihad against race bandits. Rejoice upon their flacid corpses. They die a thousand deaths. And remember this great wisdom: "If a prince is given but one leg, what use are Powercranks unto him?" Praise be upon you.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Tom wrote: "If a prince is given but one leg, what use are Powercranks unto him?"

Do you have any double blind, duck blind, seeing eye dog for the blind, peer reviewed, AND pier reviewed (studied by landlubber fishermen) studies that suggest a need for this question? HHRRuuMMFFF!

Quid quid latine dictum sit altum videtur
(That which is said in Latin sounds profound)
Quote Reply
I love this joint... [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
For all the reasons you've mentioned and then some. Politics and trolls aside, I read and enjoy just about all of the threads I manage to read.

Thanks Dan. :)

<If you're gonna be dumb, you gotta be tough>
Get Fitter!
Proud member of the Smartasscrew, MONSTER CLUB
Get your FIX today?
Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [Big EE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yes, but his wife reports he is a real prime mate. :),

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply
Re: Forum As I see it [Vita-man] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"The funniest thing I have read.... someone suggested Tom whip his dick out and test how aero it is to pee on the bike."

Poor Tom. That was almost as bad when I accidently called a fartlek a fartlick.
Quote Reply