Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Allow me to help you further... [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"And that will be proven once and for all just as soon as those WMD's are found."

You know, just once I wish you would read a thread before making a dumbass remark like that. WMDs were only a part of the reason we went into Iraq, and regardless of your marvelous hindsight, the whole fucking world agreed that Saddam had WMDs, including your candidate Kerry who vehemently expounded his KNOWLEDGE (not his suspicion) that WMDs in the hands of Saddam Hussein presented a clear and present danger.

If you come late to class, try to catch up before you sound off.

Cousin Elwood - Team Over-the-hill Racing
Brought to you by the good folks at Metamucil and Geritol...
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"There is no "when" about it. They don't exist. The administration was well aware of that when they went in."

Do you make your living as a psychic? The accepted view at the time was the WMDs existed (we know they existed at the end of the first Gulf War and we were never able to confirm their destruction). That view was held by your candidate Kerry as well. He and virtually all the Democrats were right there insisting on the invasion.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"So Blair and Bush are trying to convince us. Wish we could force these two guys to take a lie detector test. Even if it was so, not particularly intelligent intelligence was it?"

It was the most logical conclusion to draw since:
1- Saddam was known to possess WMDs at the end of the first Gulf War
2- It was not possible to confirm their destruction because he wouldn't provide proof of same nor permit inspections. What other conclusion could a sane man draw?

The onus was on Saddam, because of his invasion of Kuwait and his surrender in the first war. The reinvasion was ethical, authorized by 17 UNSC resolutions, and an appropriate action.

Quote Reply
Re: Allow me to help you further... [woodenshoes] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"why is North Korea sitting untouched when they openly admit to having an active nuke program??"

Because aside from having a nuclear program that we don't like, NK has not committed any offenses against the US or the international community. Nor has Iran, to date.

Iraq did, hence the plight of their former leader.

Quote Reply
Re: Allow me to help you further... [Casey] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"You see, the Lavender Room is for people who, regardless of facts, will continue to repeat their position over and over. Kind of like the Bush administration."

The Kerry team, otoh, changes their view every time they get a new poll.

"There are those who hate Bush and think every single problem today is the direct result of his incompetence and others that say Bush is the second coming and he has never done or ever will do anything to remotely warrant an apology."

Then there are those of us who would point out that a good HR director looking to HIRE a president for this country wouldn't interview either one of the two stiffs currently vieing for your vote!!

Quote Reply
Re: Allow me to help you further... [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"in other words, because n. korea represents a legit military and international threat..."

NK hasn't shown any tendencies to act, thus rendering them not so much of a threat. Let's not forget that if NK fired a nuke-you-ler missile at the US, we have enough firepower to reduce the entire country to molten ruin within the hour. Much like the former Soviet Union, there isn't much likelihood that any NATION will launch an offensive against the US. The threat du jour is gutless terrorists, who hide in caves and swear allegiance to no country in particular.

Quote Reply
Re: Allow me to help you further... [Cousin Elwood] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"the whole fucking world agreed that Saddam had WMDs,"

Got news for you Cous. The "whole world" is bigger than just Republican Cali.

" including your candidate Kerry "

Not my candidate. I'm a Canuk remember? Can't vote in your country.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"The accepted view at the time was the WMDs existed "

Accepted by who? Only the lambs that wanted to believe the Bush administration. Some of us thought otherwise.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"Got news for you Cous. The "whole world" is bigger than just Republican Cali."
- - You know, CG, I like you, I really do, but you need to take your head out of your ass. California is the most liberal and most overwhelmingly Democrat state in the union.

"Not my candidate. I'm a Canuk remember? Can't vote in your country."
- - Doesn't matter, you're campaigning for him.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"California is the most liberal and most overwhelmingly Democrat state in the union. "

Excuse me Cousin, but isn't Arnold a Republican?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You know, CG, I like you,"

BTW, Cousin E., I like you a lot to. My best friend is a conservative and I'm much more liberal. We argue all the time but he's still my best friend so don't get pissed at anything I may say that is different from your way of thinking.

Besides this is only politics. If you were arguing bikes with me then you'd be on my fighting side.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"isn't Arnold a Republican?"

Arnold is what we call a RINO, a Republican In Name Only. Try not to forget that he's a Kennedy. He's also a movie star, which helped him get over despite the ® next to his name on the ballot.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"If you were arguing bikes with me then you'd be on my fighting side."

I doubt it, the only reason I don't ride a P3 is because I couldn't afford one.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I can't afford one either, especially the new carbon version. But I like my P2K any ways.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
and if they launched against the u.s., would our response be in time to prevent them from leveling most of seoul? i think not...

and n. korea has shown a tendency to act--just not against the u.s. they've committed terrorist acts against s. korea including bombing a korean airline flight, multiple assasination attempts on s. korean leaders, and multiple kidnappings of s. koreans.

further, they've sold weapons to iran, syria, etc.--very much along the lines of what bush said iraq might do in giving weapons technology to terrorists...

seems like a pretty similar resume to iraq...

f/k/a mclamb6
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
 "California is the most liberal and most overwhelmingly Democrat state in the union. "

Excuse me Cousin, but isn't Arnold a Republican? "

You can trust Cousin on this one CG. Kerry has a stone lock on California's 55 electoral votes. There are pockets of conservatism scatter hither and yon that make no difference whatsoever. Nether side is spending money here.

Arnold is Arnold. Given the circumstances of the recall, he could have been from any party and would still have received the nod.
Last edited by: Tri N OC: Oct 8, 04 22:14
Quote Reply
Re: Allow me to help you further... [mclamb6] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"further, they've sold weapons to iran, syria, etc.--very much along the lines of what bush said iraq might do in giving weapons technology to terrorists..."

All well and good, but that doesn't get us to the same threshold, because unlike Iraq, NK hasn't invaded any of it's neighbors with whom we have treaties.

You can't just invade a country because you think they're bad guys. If that were the litmus test, we'd have US troops deployed on 37 fronts on every continent. Theoretically, the world might be a better place if we took all of it over, but that's not adequate justification, the way things stand today.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"especially the new carbon version. But I like my P2K any ways."

Amen. I'm a carbon man from the word go, and the Aegis knockoff of the P3 was interesting, but the Cervélo knockoff is the real deal. When I win the lottery, I'll buy three of them one for me, one for Tibbs, and one for you.

Quote Reply

Prev Next