Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread -- 01/19/2009 [minniepearl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
How did your postal go?

Mine was a bit of an exercise in torture, but I got it done with only one quick stop to cough (somehow I missed the memo around minute 42 about NOT inhaling the water....and the apparently large wave, or possibly trying to breathe underwater....) and a couple of odd flip turns to pull my cap down (not sure why it happens but it always scooches up - figured it was getting close to shooting off my head). My focus really strayed from about minutes 15 - 20 and 30 - 40, but I held fairly consistnet times, even if my form was all over the place.

Anyway, wound up with a 4250...shocked and stoked.

Hope it went well!!

AW
Quote Reply
Re: Weekly How'd You Do Thread -- 01/19/2009 [AWARE] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wellll it's tomorrow!! They do it on two days here in NYC. I'm not feeling totally ready, haven't gone to Masters or done much long-set swims BUT I have been swimming 3-4x a week which is good for me and just had a good swim lesson so I am looking forward to it. Sort of.

Congrats on your yardage, that sounds great to me! I will be much MUCH less than that. I'm pretty slow but seem to have decent endurance. Only thing I am a little worried about, well, ha, one of many, is the effects of workouts today - I did a killer CompuTrainer class (the Escape from Alcatraz course, actually) and on top of that ran 30 minutes. Sooooo...

Can you tell I am nervous? I am writing this instead of just writing AFTER I do it. But I am sure it will be FINE. I also am signing up for an actual SWIM MEET in March - the swim coach told me to - with the 1000yd swim.

Will report back tomorrow or Monday! Thanks for the note!!
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Good luck on the postal! I wish my coach would hold one here. I am trying to convince him but not making much progress as he is really focused on training us for meets right now. I have 1 more week for an official postal so maybe I can get him to hold one at one our practices this week.

And good luck at the meet in March. You are so lucky to have a meet with a 1000 yd distance. So far I have found 2 of our numerous meets with distances over 200 and both only have the 500. The 1650 will be at state so maybe I'll swim a long there.

Off to my second masters meet right now -- 100 free, 100 breast, and 100 IM plus some relays. I want long swims :)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I'm sure you'll do awesome - I'm sure you already have as it's later on in the day. I just finished a punishing long run in 15 degrees. I'm not a cold weather person so that's a bit of torture.

The endurance is key, not the speed. You'll be great.

I wish I could get my hands on some meets around here. I haven't swam a meeting in 10 years and would LOVE to get back into it but I'm a bit scared!!

Look forward to everyone's updates tomorrow!!!

AW
Quote Reply

Prev Next