Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Cervelo Forks
Quote | Reply
I'm expecting a delivery of a P3 from Cervelo shortly. I was promised the frame last week...but it still has not arrived. When I ask them about the Frame they made me another promise for the end of next week...and also informed me that the Chord Fork would not be in until the end of May (lucky I called). Well...Cervelo Customer Service is a topic for another time.....my question is: Cervelo says they can deliver (in a week or so)a Wolf Fork with the P3. The Wolf is a SEMI-AERO fork used on there road bikes. The fork has the same Rake (43mm) as the Chord.

Anyone have an opinion on the use of the Wolf fork on the P3? I think that it is probably a better choice than the Profile Aero (which is one of the few after market aero 43mm forks).

John Bogdanski
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Forks [JohnKarol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wolf fork is not a semi-aero fork, it's a full-aero fork. It is also a road fork, but I don't see what the issue is with that. I have one on my P3, CSC has them on theirs (granted, the Chord would not be legal for them).

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Forks [gerard] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
NO "issue"..just wanted to know if anyone had any knowledge of the performance of the Wolf vs Chord on the P3 frame.

A related question: Are the newly designed SeatPosts being shipped with the new frames...or are they back ordered?

John Bogdanski
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Forks [JohnKarol] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The seatposts are backordered for a few more weeks, they are in production now. The final version is much nicer than the original, and will take the same head as the Alu seatpost.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I tried to spec a new cervelo w/ the wolf fork but my LBS said they weren't available yet. Are these out now? In addition to the claim of equal or better aero-ness than the chord (and being UCI legal) it's an all carbon fork, right? I'm assuming this means weight savings over the chord. since our bikes came with the chord, how many pesos, no wait, how many US dollars, will a wolf fork cost me?
Quote Reply
Re: Cervelo Forks [brad in WA] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The Wolf is not yet available for aftermarket, only as part of complete bikes and framesets. The few Wolfs that are spec'd on a P3 are a temporary fluke, not something that is standard. We are making more molds for the Wolf right now, and expect to have forks available for aftermarket in June, both 1" and 1 1/8". Right now the Wolf price sits at $449, around 4,800 pesos.

Gerard Vroomen
3T.bike
OPEN cycle
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Gerard-

Did you get my e-mail about SuperProdigy availability in the mid-atlantic?

Thanks,

David
Quote Reply