Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Get Quali in Coeur d'Alene, times?
Quote | Reply
I know, I know it's impossible to predict quali-times for a race that never happened yet. But when I first heard about Ironman triathlon I thought that it was impossible too...
Since then, nothing is impossible anymore.

So what do you guys and girls think.
What will it take to get a quali in a specific agegroup? I start with mine...

M30-35 around 9:45
Quote Reply
Re: Get Quali in Coeur d'Alene, times? [agret] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
That sounds good. You should do fine. If you've never been to CDA you may enjoy few pic's here at my website from the national championship in 2000...

http://www.angelfire.com/..._rider/cdabikes1.htm

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Get Quali in Coeur d'Alene, times? [Goodtime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
wow, the more pics I see from that area the more I'm looking forward to go there, it's going to be a great race.
I love to swim in those sweet water lakes.

you done the bike course yet?
how is it?
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I would highly highly recommend glacier national park, 5 hours drive away. If your in that part of the country your doing yourself a big injustice by not stopping there for at least one night. You can drive there stay over night and then drive back the next day.

I don't know what the coarse is like but the basic lay of the land is flat around the lake then up the mountains (Yellowstone Rd) adjacent the lake then back down. At least that was the nationals coarse. The climb up (about 1200') is fairly steep for about 3 miles.

You can see some nice pics of that lake at my website too. The water tastes like bottled water it sems very pure as you mentioned. Good Luck! :-)

I was, now I will tri again!
Any time is a good time.
God Bless you my friend.
Quote Reply
Re: Get Quali in Coeur d'Alene, times? [Goodtime] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
the last update of the Cd'A bike course removed the hill climb from the nat's course last year. they're going straight out and back to the turn-around point, the way I remember it.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
From what I hear the first 30 miles of the loop are pretty exposed to the wind and will be tuff, the next 20 or so miles will be rollers with some good protection from the wind. The last few miles have some decent hills.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Predicting times to qualify is not very easy to do. Depending on who shows up and race day conditions the times will change dramatically from year to year (probably by as much as 30-40 minutes for the final spot). When I did Ironman Canada in 1999 I went 9:58 for 6th in the 30-34 group so I got a spot but couldn't go that year. I think the last qualifier was around 10:18. This past year, conditions were much better and all the times were faster overall and I haven't checked but I would assume it took a faster time to qualify. If you can go 9:45 you'll probably get in at most races (except for the old Roth course when it was M-dot.... I went 9:51 there in 2001 for 55th in the mens 30-34!).
Quote Reply