Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Profile STI adapter?
Quote | Reply
Is anyone familiar with this product? It's a mounted cable splitter that allows dual shifting from either the STI or aero bars. It has to be mounted on the downtube boss where the downtub shifters would be.

I was thinking of playing with this on my TCR, but tha bike doesn't come with a downtube boss. I know Team ONCE ran a downtube shifter for the front derailler on the hill climb stages of the TDF (Lance did the same on his Trek), so I assume that there must be some sort of a clamp-on downtube boss available for the newer bikes that don't have these.

Has anyone tried the Profile STI adapter? Anyone know where/if a clamp-on downtube boss could be found? Here's what it is http://www.profile-design.com/...ters_stiadapter.html
Quote Reply
Re: Profile STI adapter? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i've set it up on a couple of bikes, and you definately lose some shifting performance, but it is basically equal to the los when you go from STI to bar ends. keep in mind that that loss is additional to using the bar ends. any shop can get a clamp on downtube cable boss for you, it costs a couple of bucks.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: Profile STI adapter? [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Thanks for the info Tommy. I was a bit concerned about a potential loss of shifting with this set-up. I guess I'll pass on the idea.
Quote Reply