Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Weight Loss Tips [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My first step was not buying the junk food at the grocery store. If the food isn't at home to eat - I won't be eating it there. The second step is to have something delicious and healthy as a snack at work, that way it is easier to not eat the unhealthy junk that is brought into the office. And the final step is to always have some sort of healthy snack handy - that way if you do find yourself hungry you have something to eat, and you aren't going out to the corner store / coffee shop / etc and picking up something that you know you will regret eating.

That being said - I do think that it is important to allow yourself a "cheat" every once in a while. One of my favorites is those fat-free frozen fruit bars. (Lame cheat, I know ... ). But they are SOOO delicious that it feels like a cheat.

------------------
How about a little less questions and a little more shut the hell up - Brian, Family Guy.
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [rlmurrant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
peel a banana, wrap it in tinfoil, and leave it in the freezer for about an hour.

tastes like a banana ice cream bar! add a smidge of nutella or nut butter and i'm in freakin' heaven! :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
One awesome rationalization I use is making sure if I eat something sweet I do it on a full stomach, like after dinner, so it enters my bloodstream slower. Or, I eat it right after a hard run so it gets processed and used to restore my glycogen levels. Sugar is my downfall and I just can't eliminate it from my diet. No matter how many times I've tried it always sneaks back in so I find ways to have it without doing too much damage.

If my rationalizing is pure bullshit, please don't tell me. I'm feeling pretty good about it.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [rlmurrant] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I've been on the One Week Diet Cleanse for 2 consecutive weeks now. I have 2 more to go until I run out of product.

If you're curious what I'm talking about... I bought the Gold Intensive Package from http://www.oneweekslimdown.com/

I've got to say so far I'm really really pleased with it. I lost 6 pounds the first week and another 4 pounds in the second. I eat less and it is easy and feels right, like healthy.

To give you an idea on how it works:
You mix the liquid concentrate with water and drink it once in the morning and again in the afternoon. It also helps you replace one meal of your choosing, either breakfast or lunch. Sometimes I am a little too hungry to replace an entire meal and I snack on some of the suggested foods in the manual such as raw almonds.

I really feel strongly about the product and it's effects on my body. It's a really simple gradual approach to weight loss without any harsh dieting, starvation or intense exercising. In fact, 30 minutes of mild walking a day is more than enough.

And on another note, not only have I lost weight, but my indigestion has gone completely... I've had it for years, now it's gone, I guess that is why the product is called "One Week Liquid Meal Replacement and Digestive Cleanse.

Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [divadeluxe11] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Boooourns. Take your goofy product somewhere else!

Quote | Reply
wow, maybe i should trash all this triathlon training and just go for a light walk! yeah, drugs are the answer!

does ANYONE really buy this crap?

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I bet you are peeing a lot too, since you are losing water weight and not fat. Did you read any scientific/non andecdotal research. They don't work long term and can be harmful as they can remove healthy bacteria from the digestive track, leaving you open to stomach problems.
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
i'm pretty sure that was a one-time advertising post - if you look at the profile, it's their only post on ST.

one of those "make money in your spare time" deals: sit there and google "weight loss", and any page results that come up that allow you to leave a comment or make a post, they'll toss that crap on there in hopes of generating sales. i can virtually guarantee that divadeluxe11 will never, ever read these replies. the person probably only gets something like $0.00003 per post, so it's not worth their time to check up on them, if they even remember where they left comments.

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
Ice cream makes you fast!
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [bostonhopeful] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
This is REALLY working for me....maybe not practical for everyone.
I figure out what I should eat, want to eat that is yummy, for the day, and pack a big lunch with snacks. Then I leave my bank card and cash at home, and only bring ONE DOLLAR. That would be enough for some almonds (or ok maybe candy, but not enough to do damage)
I used to pack great healthy lunches then see what the special was in the caf, or decide I NEEDED something else after my morning workout, and that something else was never good.
But I am careful to plan to have enough food, just a lot of healthy snacks, carrots, some cheese, greek yogurt, etc.
This is also helping my online/lunchtime shopping habit so a win/win!
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [njtrigirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
If it doesn't make you fast at least it makes you happy!
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [pookie87] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
that it does - i'm not sure i've ever been happier than splitting a brownie batter blizzard with my husband after 1,500m in the pool and a 30 mile ride on sunday! we did walk the best part of an hour to get the blizzard, too :)

cheers!

-mistress k

Quote | Reply
I don't recall seeing ice cream on the approved food list.

Brian Stover USAT LII
Accelerate3 Coaching
Insta

Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [PirateGirl] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
Give up alcohol. In the past 7 years (since I turned 30), I found a pattern. I would workout and eat right during the week and lose a couple pounds. Then on the weekend I'll still workout and eat right, but would also drink. I would gain those couple pounds right back. Alcohol seems to slow down my metabolism a lot and so it takes working out a lot more to counter it. Even when I was only drinking 2 beers a week, those 300 calories seemed to be ten fold.
I am EXACTLY the same. Pretty much for every beer that I drink, I'll be about 0.5-1 pound heavier the next day and it takes about 2 days before my body recovers from it. I weigh myself almost every morning. A lot of people say that this is bad, but in my case it is good because I can tell that beer is my downfall. Wine doesn't affect me so much unless I get drunk off of it and I don't drink enough liquor to really notice any bad effects from it. My body is just really sensitive to alcohol and I actually have to plan around when I'm going to go drink and my weigh ins. I drank on Thursday night (3 beers) and woke up the next day 4 lbs heavier than the day before. Tonight, I'm going out again and I'm going to try to limit myself to 2 beers.

Back to the OP, treat dieting just like you do with money. You have a budget and if you go over that budget, you go into debt which is bad because this debt makes your ass bigger. If you don't know where your money is going, then you need to keep track of how you spend every single dollar. Then, you'll quickly realize where you money (calories) are going and make better decisions on where it goes.

--
01001010 01100101 01101110 01001000 01010011 00100000 01101001 01110011 00100000 01010100 01101000 01100101 00100000 01000100 01100101 01110110 01101001 01101100 00100000 00101000 01100001 01100011 01100011 01101111 01110010 01100100 01101001 01101110 01100111 00100000 01110100 01101111 00100000 01110010 01101111 01100001 01100100 01101000 01101111 01110101 01110011 01100101 00101001 00100001
http://trainingoferic.blogspot.com/
Last edited by: Dr. Acula: Jun 20, 09 14:01
Quote Reply
Re: Weight Loss Tips [desert dude] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Whatev.

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Jen

"In order to keep a true perspective on one's importance, everyone should have a dog that worships him and a cat that will ignore him." - Dereke Bruce
Quote Reply

Prev Next