Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

DiaCompe rattle - how to fix.
Quote | Reply
Okay, I *think* Dan posted on this in the old forum but I cannot for the life of me find it. New bike, phenomenal, but right 188 lever rattles a bit on rougher roads. It is the little bolt, pin, whatever, that goes through the top of the lever (the pivot if you will).

Any hints or tricks on how to fix? It seems like it's basically a rivet, so maybe I could just tap the one side into the other and make it tighter, but I don't wanna mess up my new bike doing something dumb.

Thanks! :)

"To give less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." - Pre

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: DiaCompe rattle - how to fix. [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
take a pair of channel locks, grab either side of the rivet, squeeze, repeat for other lever. that should fix it.

tommy
Quote Reply
Re: DiaCompe rattle - how to fix. [Tommy Nelson] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good deal, thanks!

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply
Re: DiaCompe rattle - how to fix. [MattMiz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Buy a set of the Syntace Space Control levers, and a matching Stratos base bar if you don't have one. I don't know why so many people put up with those awfull 188s. Read the Front End Makover article on Slowtwich http://www.slowtwitch.com/...echctr/makeover.html it talks about the 188s lowly beginnings. The Syntace levers are so much nicer, better built, and have a much better feel.
Quote Reply
Re: DiaCompe rattle - how to fix. [efernand] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Actually, I used to have the Space Controls on my old bike, and I like the 188s better. (They fit my hand more comfortably). Plus, no way am I giving up my VT front end. That thing rocks.

MattMizenko.com
Quote Reply