Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

American Classic Wheels
Quote | Reply
I am always surprised to see how American Triathlete are paying little attention to American Classic Products. I am French but I dropped Mavic and bought AC420 wheels and did not regret it a second. At 420 grams per rim and a 34mm profile with a low spoke count, a weight of just a tad above 1,400 grams for the pair, I can see no justification to not choose them over a lot of other wheels. These wheels are probably the best mix of lightweight/aerodynamics/pricing around. There is more aero, or ligher, or cheaper, but they are a very appealling compromise. And definitely a much better choice the Mavic Ksyriums!! Their hubs are very well built, the ratchet mechanism is excellent, the rims are tough, the wheels are hand-built to extreme standards, and although they have started advertising more lately, the pricing is still awesome. Check them out and don;t pay hundreds of Dollars extra for Mavic's big name. And again, I am one of those arrogant French! :-)
Quote Reply
Re: American Classic Wheels [PierreBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Who says we don't pay attention? American Classic makes some great products, especially their hubs. Any reader of this board is aware of their products.

Not so arrogant American in Florida,
Quote Reply
Re: American Classic Wheels [ajfranke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry if my last line gives the wrong impression: it was a joke. I meant to say that it is funny that some French guy would prefer cycling products from a small American company, versus the worldwide famous French products from an industry leader, but I really like their product more and I know French have the reputation of being arrogant but I wanted to pay a little tribute to America. And honestly, Mavic has strong marketing but Hed, Zipp and AmCl make lighter, faster wheels. Period.
Last edited by: PierreBC: Apr 17, 03 13:10
Quote Reply
Re: American Classic Wheels [PierreBC] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Sorry, I am not usually that obtuse. OK, I didn't even know Mavic was French. I guess you can tell I am not a real roadie.

Obtuse in Florida,
Quote Reply