Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

RIP Rodney, you have my respect
Quote | Reply
If you haven't heard, Rodney Dangerfield passed away. Caddyshack was probably my favorite movie of all time, and I was living in Madison, WI, when they filmed parts of "Back to School" there, I can still remember him walking up Bascom Hill wearing a bathrobe. Anyway, a few good one liners:

1. I was so poor growing up. If I wasn't a boy, I'd have had nothing to play with.

2. A girl phoned me the other day and said, "Come on over; nobody's home." I went over. Nobody was home.

3. During sex, my wife always wants to talk to me. Just the other night she called me from a hotel.

4. It's been a rough day. I got up this morning put a shirt on and a button fell off. I picked up my briefcase, and the handle came off. I'm afraid to go to the bathroom.

5. I was such an ugly kid. When I played in the sandbox; the cat kept covering me up.

6. I'm so ugly. My father carries around a picture of the kid who came with his wallet.

7. When I was born, the doctor came into the waiting room and said to my father, "I'm sorry. We did everything we could, but he pulled through."

8. Once when I was lost, I saw a policeman, and asked him to help me find my parents. I said to him, "Do you think we'll ever find them?" He said, "I don't know kid. There's so many places they can hide."

9. I'm so ugly. I worked in a pet shop, and people kept asking how big I'd get.

10. I went to see my doctor. "Doctor, every morning when I get up and I look in the mirror. I feel like throwing up; what's wrong with me?" He said "I don't know but your eyesight is perfect."

11. With my old man I got no respect. I asked him, "How can I get my kite in the air?" He told me to run off a cliff.

12. My uncle's dying wish was to have me sitting in his lap; he was in the electric chair.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Rodney, you have my respect [Peter826] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
He was a funny guy and definitely had a style all his own.

Thanks for the post.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is one of the last of the old school. A school I am missing everyday. He is my king of one-liners. No political statements, no complex monologues just on joke after another. Great funny.

His best movie and one of the greatest movies of all time is Back To School. His best line from the movie:

"Hey Shakespeare for everybody! How about you doll? I'd like to tame your shrew."

customerjon @gmail.com is where information happens.
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Rodney, you have my respect [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My favorite is from Caddyshack -- "This is the worst-looking hat I ever saw. I bet you buy a hat like this and you get a free bowl of soup! Oh, it looks good on you, though."
Quote Reply
Re: RIP Rodney, you have my respect [NJSteve] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Hey Wang I think it is one of those kinda places no don't tell them you Jewish. Ok, fine."

"Wang just bought land by the Great Wall. On the good side."

Quote Reply
Re: RIP Rodney, you have my respect [Mr. Tibbs] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
"Oof. Did someone step on a duck?"

Oh, this your wife, huh? A lovely lady. Hey baby, you must've been something before electricity.

Your a lot of woman, you know that? Yeah, wanna make 14 dollars the hard way?

I should have yelled "two".
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
He is the greatest.

Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
"You scratched my anchor!" (after dropping his anchor through Ted Knight's boat).
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
OK, just a few more I found online....

“My mother never breast-fed me. She told people she only liked me as a friend.”

“I could tell my parents hated me. My bath toys were a toaster and a radio.”

“My wife made me join a bridge club. I jump off next Tuesday.”

(about his girlfriend...) “Her nickname is Federal Express. That’s because when she goes to a guy’s apartment, she absolutely, positively HAS to be there overnight.”

...and from Back to School...“Oh, you’re a poetry major. Maybe you could help me straighten out my Longfellow.”
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Rodney is a classic. Great lines in this entire thread. I love Caddyshack, a buddy and I throw lines back and forth all the time.

One of my favorite Rodney lines (not Caddyshack): When I was born, I was so ugly that the doctor slapped my mother.
Quote Reply