Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

The Armstrongs - better day's ahead?
Quote | Reply
Some information that came across my desk today on Lance and Kristin .... good sign, I hope it all works out:

THINGS ARE LOOKING UP FOR ARMSTRONGS - Lance Armstrongs wife says she and her husband are working at reconciling their marriage, and that the family plans to be together this summer when he chases his fifth consecutive Tour de France title. Kristin Armstrong said the couple spent several days in Nice, France, in late March. "When we were together, it was great," she said. Kristin said she'll take the children to the family's home in Girona, Spain, and will stay in Europe through the Tour de France. After the race, she said "We're going to take the month of August and play. I think it's going to be OK."

-----------

Dennis
Quote Reply
Re: The Armstrongs - better day's ahead? [Dmcminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Good to hear it. Let' hope they can keep it together. Having been there myself, a divorce is never a good thing, although in some cases it may be the best thing. It would be great if they can work things out.
Quote Reply
Re: The Armstrongs - better day's ahead? [cerveloguy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
From CyclingNews.com

- In the interview, Kristin explained some of the reasons for the separation. "We've had six homes, three languages, two countries, one cancer comeback, three children, four Tour de France wins and one rise to celebrity," she said. "You're not supposed to cram such a huge amount of events into such a small period of time." -

Except for the cancer comeback, I'm not feeling very sympathetic...

Ross Hoopingarner
Quote Reply
Re: The Armstrongs - better day's ahead? [Hoop] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Very true, but you have to admit, that is alot of shit to deal with, that could put strain on a relationship.

would I still take that over my life, hell yes. shes a hottie.
Quote Reply
Re: The Armstrongs - better day's ahead? [Dmcminn] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am always inspired and impressed by couples who will do this. Who will dig deep, and see if they can make it work. Who will give the other partner the benefit of the doubt and give it a second chance. It takes a significant amount of guts and bravery to do this.

From my personal experience, and what I have seen with others, one or both parties tends to give up too easy and quites the whole process. I have read that a siginificant number of divorces could be classified as, "unnecessary".

Steve Fleck @stevefleck | Blog
Quote Reply