Direct and manage product development activities within the Bioscience organization to develop innovative platforms. Possess 10 or more years experience in developing high performance instruments incorporating high volume consumable components for the Biotechnology industry. The role will provide a vision for overall instrument design and new technologies in analytical instrumentation. Ability to manage and mentor a 10+ group in a global matrix organization.
- Responsible for definition and development of hardware platforms that effectively meet performance, cost and project scheduling requirements
- Excellent capability to develop high-quality new products and meet the companies timelines within budgetary constraints. Use scientific knowledge and experience to solve a wide range of product problems in practical way.
- Prepare and provide R&D projects summaries, experimental protocols, technical analysis and decisions
- Develop effective and collaborative working relationships with other departments including Marketing, QA/QC, Finance and Operations
- High energy, and articulate with positive can-do outlook, able to inspire team.
- Experience with molded, micro-fabricated, plastic parts and/or MEMS, SU8/PDMS soft lithography experience desirable
- Self directed with strong sense of urgency, excited to learn and develop new skills
- Work to collaborate across other Millipore teams, e.g. Bioprocess and corporate functions, in order to build mutual understanding and support and work effectively across the matrix.
- Through internal and external innovation management, provide access to key technologies necessary to enable breakthrough innovation in above areas.
- Lead and develop personnel. Challenges both him/herself and others by managing employee performance, regular feedback, and appropriate action planning. Develops the organization in line with anticipated 2-3 year planning needs.
- Continually enhances the skill level of his/her organization by investing in the development and learning of the organization's employees, and by actively participating in the selection of external talent.
- Positively affect overall Millipore success outside of area of direct control through ongoing demonstration of support for approved strategies and initiatives across other functions.
- Establish and maintains external relationships with academic/technical institutions and organizations
- Can develop a vision and is able to attract, develop and motivate highly skilled scientific/technical individuals.
· 10-15 years in Laboratory Instrumentation Development and Engineering for the biotechnology industry
· MS. degree in an Engineering or Physics discipline
· The right candidate will have previous experience designing optical products and background in optic-mechanics and lasers
· Significant global engineering experience leading multidisciplinary teams
· 5+ years of experience with industry standard Mechanical Design software. (Example: AUTOCAD/PRO-E/SOLID WORKS, FLOWTHERM, ANSYS, COSMO, ALGOR or similar).
· Strong program management skills and proven program management track record
· Extensive experience with products related to Molecular Biology and Cell Biology
· Knowledge microfabrication technology, surface chemistry, interfacial phenomena, is a plus
· High energy, and articulate with positive can-do outlook, able to inspire team.
· Demonstrates good understanding of Industry needs. Strong commitment to customer satisfaction.
· Can develop vision and is able to attract, develop and motivate highly skilled scientific/technical individuals.
· Self directed with strong sense of urgency, excited to learn and develop new skills
· Demonstrated strong interpersonal/facilitation skills, ability to manage across boundaries and influence without direct control. Can effectively lead blended teams in a matrix environment. This is a high priority position and if you are interested in the position please submit a resume to email@example.com and I will contact you once I review it. Thanks and feel free to pass it along to anyone you think might be interested.