Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Keeping one's helmet pristine
Quote | Reply
Have had a few adverse comments from the ladies concerning the odour emanating from the aforementioned helmet. My question is simple, how does everyone clean those little velcro pads that soak up the sweat from your brow? Mine tend to go off pretty quickly as I am a fan of the low maintenance approach of letting new sweat wash out the old sweat..

"Language most shows a man: Speak, that I may see thee. It springs out of the most retired and inmost parts of us, and is the image of the parents of it, the mind. No glass so mirrors a man's form or likeness so true as his speech." - Ben Jonson, Timber, or Discoveries made upon Men and Matter.
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping one's helmet pristine [GBJ] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Yuck, dude. Throw the pads in the washer and hose the helmet out after giving the inside a wash with a soft bruch and a small amount of mild soap. Nasty dude. Buying new pads may win you points too.

Tom Demerly
The Tri Shop.com
Quote Reply
Re: Keeping one's helmet pristine [Tom Demerly] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Wear a cycling hat under your helmet.
;-)

=============
Adam Duncan
New York, NY
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I take mine in the shower with me and shampoo it as I do my hair (what little there is). Careful not to let someone take a picture of you with the helmet on in your altogether. Think of the blackmail :-)
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My wife uses some solution on mine, I think it is vinegar. I couldn't believe it when she first used it, I thought it would stink even worse but when she rinsed it with vinegar and then plain water there was absolutely no smell.
Quote Reply