Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Spinergy Xaero Carbon
Quote | Reply
Anyone tried the Spinergy Xaero Carbon wheels? I heard the rims were actually Lews, the tubular versions with the PBO spokes look like a long ride dream.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Xaero Carbon [mb] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The tubular version actually used a Corima rim. We are no longer producing them. The price was very high and the market for tubulars was very small. I think some dealers still have them and you can probably get a good deal if you can find a set. The new Xaero Carbon SS wheels are currently available in clincher only and the new Tiliums should be available very soon(clincher as well). Both at a much more reasonable price. $799 and $999 per set respectively. Andrea Fisher just set the fastest bike split at Ralphs half on the Carbon SS and Spencer Smith won the Big Rock Triathlon on them.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Xaero Carbon [paul cusick] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Paul, have you guys cleaned up the flashing on the rims this year? I really liked the Xaero Carbons that a friend of mine had, but wasn't overly impressed with the amount of flashing left on the interior rim edge. I thought maybe his was an isolated case, but after seeing other sets, the finish seemed the same. Its not enough to dissuade me from buying, though. I'm eagerly anticipating the arrival of a set of 650 Carbon SS wheels.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Will you offer tubulars at a later date?
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Xaero Carbon [TriBriGuy] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
The new rims are much cleaner. We should have 650's in stock in small quantities next week. The backorder list is long. Hopefully your dealer has an order in the system.
Quote Reply
Re: Spinergy Xaero Carbon [df] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Tubulars are in the plan but probably wont be available for some time. The problem we face is that 99.9% of our sales are clinchers. As a fairly small company production capacity is always an issue. When you are staring at a long list of clincher wheels on backorder it is tough to justify the time and manpower to design, test and produce tubulars. Even pro athletes are requesting clinchers more and more due to tire contracts. to quote Bunnyman " winners may ride tubulars" but most paying customers want clinchers.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
My order has been in since January. Waiting patiently. I hope I get them soon though. I'd like to put a couple of rides on them before a May 10 1/2IM.
Quote Reply