Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Character building at Lake San Antonio
Quote | Reply
This weekend was not the ideal weekend to do a Wildflower training run. We knew it was supposed to rain all weekend but headed down to the lake anyway and hoped for the best. Saturday morning was gusty with patches of rain but not too bad. The first 20-mile stretch of the bike was OK. Then from the turn on Jolon Road all the way to Nasty Grade we plowed into brutal winds. Totally demoralizing.

By the time we started our run it was misting heavily, quite nice for running. We had rounded the trail just beyond the park entrance gate (around mile 7?) when a triathlete couple in a white SUV pulled over on the road. A man jumped out and shouted at us to stop. They had just passed a group of wild pigs right on the trail ahead of us -- three little ones and a big one -- and they were very concerned about what might happen if we surprised them on the trail. I suppose the beasties can be very aggressive. The couple insisted on driving the three of us past the point where they had spotted the pigs. If you folks are reading this, thanks again!

There were hot showers in Redonda Vista! Hallelujah!

It started dumping rain last night and it was pouring steadily this morning. We packed up the cars without going for our planned swim -- we were all soaked to the bone already.

On race day I'm sure I'll be wishing for that nice cool mist on the run. But I'll leave the wind and rain any day. Who else was there? And did you manage to stay dry?
Quote Reply