Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: Everybody's Periodicals Reading List [peleke] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Please, do me a favor, get a subscription.

I'd consider it, except I'm pretty sure it's contrary to the spirit of the magazine. I think they'd appreciate my moral support more than my financial support. Down with consumerism!

I love irony.

"People think it must be fun to be a super genius, but they don't realize how hard it is to put up with all the idiots in the world."
Quote Reply
Borneo [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My wife works for Shell, and we move post every 3-4 years. Brunei came up, and after Houston it's a welcome change.

There are a couple of local tri's including one on Sunday that I've been looking forward to for months, but I came down with a rotten cold on Monday thanks to some visitors we've just had and I'm still coughing up chunks, so I think I'm going to just go and marshall instead. Bummer.

I'm enjoying the country here, it's much more outdoorsy than Houston, it's more laid back too as you would imagine. it can be difficult given that it's a very small community, plus we have the British Garrison here, so there's maybe 1000 people total. You have to do with what you can get locally, and I really miss not being able to buy some stuff. There isn't a single decent bike shop in the entire country, so I'm becoming more adept at looking after my bikes. Started to find a group to go out with cycling, and I'm enjoying my solo 6am rides and runs. It's pretty much the same temperature year round, hot and humid, and by mid morning I don't want to be out exercising.

If you would like to know more, I have a blog where I spout off about life here and assorted stuff. If you're interested I'll put up a link.

J.
Quote Reply
Re: Borneo [Freeflyer] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Throw that link on sir, It is Friday and I'm not working very hard today (not that I normally work hard).
Quote Reply
Re: Everybody's Periodicals Reading List [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Maximum PC

C.P.U

Sport compact car

Turbo

import tuner

Excellence ( porsche mag)

Kiplinger's

Money

WSJ

cyclesport

car and driver

Quote | Reply
http://jkath.com/pages/borneoblog.html

The last few months are in the archive links.

Enjoy,

J.
Quote Reply
Re: Everybody's Periodicals Reading List [big kahuna] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I'm a fast reader.

The Economist, Consumer Reports, National Geographic, ESPN, Sports Illustrated, Reason, American Prospect, Journal of Foreign Affairs, Bloodhorse, Elle, Florida Trend, Nutrition Action, Dr. Weil's Self Healing, Cat Watch, Catnip, Cat Fancy, Wired

And I've got a thing for glossy design magazines: Elle Decor, Dwell, Western Interiors, Metropolitan Home, Metropolis, *Wallpaper, Mothra Stewart Living, Organic Style
Quote Reply

Prev Next