Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Pigg's PC Coach: good?
Quote | Reply
Does anyone have any experience with Mike Pigg's PC Coach plan? Do you like it? Does it work well with what you want to accomplish? Can it work for both beginners and experienced triathletes? So many questions, so little money! Seriously, I'm just looking for some feedback to determine if I want to make the purchase.

Thanks,
Adam
Quote Reply
Re: Pigg's PC Coach: good? [adampom] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I got it for Christmas 3 years ago. I tried to use it, but it always seemed to lock up my computer. Maybe it was just my setup. Overall I was not that impressed. It may be alot better by now though.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I think, and I could be wrong, that it uses Phil Maffetone's principles because that's what Pigg used. He writes the forward (along with Mark Allen) to Phils' book, Training for Endurance. Which is a bit contraversial but a really interesting read. You can put together your own program after reading the book pretty easily.
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
I've got it but have never used it. I couldn't bring myself to. The interface was odd, didn't use established standards for buttons, icons, etc., and was nowhere near intuitive. I probably never gave it a real chance but I'm a stickler when it comes to usability. What can I say? I'm in software QA. My standards may be high but if the software doesn't make the task easier than doing it manually, it ain't worth it.

As someone had already mentioned, it is based on Maffetone's method.

I'm not sure if I still have the CD around but I'd be willing to get rid of it if I do. E-mail me if you're interested at russ_kirby@yahoo.com

Rusty
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
PC Coach Elite is now working in most OSes without the intervention of an MIT graduate. However, the Pigg program was written about 7 years ago and hasn't been updated since. I log my workouts in it and let it "plan" my workouts, but I'm way too stubborn and prone to go off with my buddies on some ride or run to follow it seriously. I would give the software a C minus. I think you'd be better off with someone like Julie or one of the other top coaches if you are serious about getting better. I'm getting better but that's only because I taking those psychotropic drugs that make me bearable. :) j/k

I am prone to try any gimmick, product, wheel, software, hardware, shoe, laces, stem, grease, or oil that claims to be aero, light, fast, or way cool. That's why I'm here-to make sure I don't miss a trick. :)

-Robert

"How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world." ~Anne Frank
Quote Reply