Login required to started new threads

Login required to post replies

Prev Next
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!! [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
...I'll just go for a walk/go to the library/remove myself from the situation.

Sounds like a good excuse for a swim, to me. :-)

(Yes, I just stumbled onto this thread. No, I'm not a stalker.) ;-)

Ok, leaving the Womens forum now...

"100% of the people who confuse correlation and causation end up dying."
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
This reminds me of my experience freshman year in the dorms... My roommate and her bf we in love, he went to the univ 20 minutes north of us. She was drunk all the time and they were always at the dorm. Met with the RA to set up a roommate agreement about visitors. Didn't help, because she felt that they deserved to be together. One weekend I went home and she had a few friends over to drink in our room - my futon was broken, my bed was unmade, and the room was generally wrecked. I absolutely lost it on her, and she moved out over the next few days. I ended up with my own room. I was able to bunk the beds and put her desk and my fridge under the bottom bunk (I still slept on the top - I liked being up high)... made the room seem insanely big with less furniture in it, I definitely had the best room on the floor. I brought my bike and trainer out the next time I went home. This all happened first semester, so people were allowed to come meet me if they were looking to move out of their rooming situation. I made sure I came across as someone they would never want to live with :)

Enjoy the new freedom! Wish it would have happened earlier in the semester for you!
Quote Reply
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!! [swimlinz] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Now what am I going to read down under. Can you get another roommate and continue the saga
Quote Reply
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!! [pine] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
Nope. I am enjoying my quiet!!! I pushed the two beds together so it's like having a queen sized one now. It's awesome!

maybe she's born with it, maybe it's chlorine
If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
disclaimer: PhD not MD
Quote Reply
Quote | Reply
Long twin + Long twin = king
Quote Reply
Re: BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!! [brikins13] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
something like that

:D

If you're injured and need some sympathy, PM me and I'm very happy to write back.
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [DawnT] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
yeah - I ditto on the low blood sugar thing. I carry an extra bottle of water with me so I can choke down the cliff bar I always have on hand. I too will swim insane yardage and feel just fine in the shower and then---walking out the door I start to see things as if they are going sideways. My other secret weapon is a banana for those moments. Hope this helps.
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [Cathena] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
timely post; I forgot an after swim snack today and was SO hungry by the time my class got out.

Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
I am glad you have your own room, but, I kinda miss them now. Can you call and ask what they are up to?
Quote Reply
Re: So I finally kicked my roommate's boyfriend out... [mccannathon] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
LOL.

But no way :-)

Quote Reply
Re: She's engaged [tigerchik] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
In Reply To:
I think it's safe to say at this point I'm out of the wedding... :-)
and I was so looking forward to seeing you in that yellow dress :-)

Geez - I go away for a couple weeks and miss so much of the soap opera. Congrats on holding your ground and getting the room to yourself.

"Here's how you run a marathon. Step 1: You start running. Step 2: There is no step 2." - Barney (How I Met Your Mother)
Quote Reply
Re: She's engaged [neil_laing] [ In reply to ]
Quote | Reply
My other roommates are sweethearts. It is my birthday today - I just woke up - the entire apartment is decorated with balloons!

Quote Reply

Prev Next